PDA

View Full Version : H&A and GD Mods

The Byrd
December 22nd, 2015, 07:18 PM
I was just wondering when an announcement will be made about the new mods for H&A and GD. I was looking back at the old job openings and the announcement was made within a few days of the applications being closed. Just wondering :)

Deleted User
December 23rd, 2015, 12:53 AM
I was just wondering when an announcement will be made about the new mods for H&A and GD. I was looking back at the old job openings and the announcement was made within a few days of the applications being closed. Just wondering :)

I imagine right now decisions are slow due to the holidays and I know both Mike and Val (can't speak for the rest of the staff) lead busy lives. Decisions can take a bit of time. Also, iirc, there is no guarantee that anyone will be picked if the staff don't think there are any applicants at this time that will fit. I'm pretty sure I've seen that happen maybe once? Not saying that's necessarily the case but just be patient. It's a pretty busy week all around right now.

xXl0sth0peXx
December 23rd, 2015, 12:19 PM
What is said above (^^) is true, as well as that there's a few things that we're trying to work out before adding new staff members, and these things can't happen overnight, unfortunately. We haven't forgotten though, there's just a few extra steps that we need/want to take this time before extending offers and adding new people.

ImCoolBeans
December 24th, 2015, 10:02 AM
The goal is usually to get the process finished as quickly as possible, but sometimes it takes a little longer because of other contributing factors. We have some other things that we are working on that have taken up some time -- like VT awards, a few staff related things, some technical things, and it's also the holiday season, so we have been a little busy. I would expect an announcement to be made after the holidays are over :)

I feel your pain though, when I applied to be a mod in 2011 they took about this amount of time to make a decision and it was an agonizing wait. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Happy holidays, everyone!