PDA

View Full Version : Driving Survey

Uranus
December 19th, 2015, 08:56 PM
So yea, a driving survey for those who drive :PI

This is more focused towards those who have a driver's license compared to those with a learners permit as they can really express themselves when driving and do what they want without someone tellingthem otherwise, but all who drive are welcome.

Here goes:

1. When driving do you wear your seatbelt?

2. When driving do you go over the speed limit?
If so,
By how much usually?
For main roads (55mph )
In town (25-35-45mph)
Back roads (35- 45)
Interstates (65-70)

3. When driving do you come to a complete stop? (At stop signs, when there are no other cars at the intersection causing you to stop completely )
Or, go really slow around 5mph, and then continue driving?

4. When driving do you use your turning signals? (For changing lanes and turning onto other roads )

5. When driving do you drive smoothly and accelerate gently or fast and agressive?

6. When driving do you listen to music?

7. When driving do you use your phone?

8. When driving have you ever been pulled over?

9. When driving have you ever been in an accident?

10. When driving what's the fastest you have gone?

A little short but I might edit this

Cognizant
December 19th, 2015, 09:50 PM
1. When driving do you wear your seatbelt? Always.

2. When driving do you go over the speed limit? Sometimes (adjusted road classes for California conditions)
If so,
By how much usually?
Expressways (55mph ) 5-10mph
Surface streets/Boulevards (25-35-45mph) The speed limit, or the flow of traffic. I'll go 35 on some streets rated for 25 when I know no cops will be around.
Interstates (65-70) The flow of traffic, which is usually 5-15MPH over

3. When driving do you come to a complete stop? (At stop signs, when there are no other cars at the intersection causing you to stop completely ) Yes
Or, go really slow around 5mph, and then continue driving? That's illegal :P

4. When driving do you use your turning signals? (For changing lanes and turning onto other roads ) Almost all the time, though sometimes I won't signal lane changes if nobody else is around.

5. When driving do you drive smoothly and accelerate gently or fast and agressive? Depends on my mood or what car I'm driving

6. When driving do you listen to music? Yes, but not always.

7. When driving do you use your phone? Not while in motion

8. When driving have you ever been pulled over? Yes, because one of my headlights were burnt out...

9. When driving have you ever been in an accident? Yes. I took a curve too fast in the rain and smashed up my car.

10. When driving what's the fastest you have gone? 120MPH, which is the top speed of a 4 cylinder Camry btw :P

Infidelitas
December 20th, 2015, 04:46 AM
Yes, it is illegal where I live to not be restrained. The fines for it are huge if you get caught. Besides, they're proven to save lives so why wouldn't you?

If so,
By how much usually?
For main roads (55mph )
In town (25-35-45mph)
Back roads (35- 45)
Interstates (65-70)
I usually only go 10% over the speed limit. Here, police give a 10% leeway (ie. limit of 80km/h, if you go under 88km/h, they won't book you.

3. When driving do you come to a complete stop? (At stop signs, when there are no other cars at the intersection causing you to stop completely )
Yes. At stop signs I do come to a complete stop. They're there for a reason, and it's only an extra two seconds if there is nothing coming.

4. When driving do you use your turning signals? (For changing lanes and turning onto other roads )
Yes! You're an idiot if you don't. You're just asking for an accident.

5. When driving do you drive smoothly and accelerate gently or fast and agressive?
Depends what I'm doing. Cruising up the highway I go smoothly. If I need to pull out onto the highway, I use the grunt to get to the speed limit faster.

Yes.

NO. NO NO NO NO NOOOOOO!
USING A PHONE WHILE DRIVING KILLS! This is one of my biggest hates. The amount of times on my motorcycle I have been hit by distracted drivers on their phone is ridiculous. PHONES AND DRIVING KILL MOTORCYCLISTS.
Looking down at your phone for even 3 seconds is enough time to run into someone, a motorcyclist, a car, a pedestrian. A lot can happen in 3 seconds, especially when doing highway speeds. This makes me angry that people do it!

Yes, once for accidental speeding, and 3-4 times for a BAC test.

No.

200kp/h. I regret it, I was a stupid teenager that didn't think what could've happened. Never again.

Steve Jobs
December 20th, 2015, 05:03 AM

Always. My car beeps like living hell if I even start it without my seatbelt on :P

If so,
By how much usually?
For main roads (55mph )
In town (25-35-45mph)
Back roads (35- 45)
Interstates (65-70)

I always drive with the fastest in the pack. If there's no one I'll stick to 5-10 over unless I'm feeling ballsy :P

That's just wasting gas!

Always! I can't stand those who don't.

I'm usually a pretty quick driver! Fast doesn't mean not smooth though! ;)

More often than not.

Occasionally

Just once!

Never

135mph :D

xXl0sth0peXx
December 20th, 2015, 08:16 PM

Of course. I can't imagine not.

If so,
By how much usually?
For main roads (55mph )
In town (25-35-45mph)
Back roads (35- 45)
Interstates (65-70)

Honestly, regardless, I usually go no more than 10 over, though on occasion, I'll push 15 (usually on an interstate) depending on traffic flow. I don't have money to pay a ticket, and that grounds me to keep myself lower.

I'll completely stop 90-95% of the time, sometimes, coming out of a lot or approaching home, or leaving home because it's an awkward hill going onto an awkward hill and sometimes, it's easier to roll, but other than that, you never know where a cop is hiding, and it's $129.50 here for a rolling stop, and again, I don't have that money.

Usually always. I hate people who don't.

Depends on how mad I am at the person in front of me.

Loud and proud. Always, unless I'm with someone else, in which case it depends.

It'd be a lie to say I've never looked at a light or something, but not while in motion.

Once, for not yielding at a 3 way intersection where I had the stop sign. I just got my permit a few weeks ago, and I was so mad.

Yeah. I rearended a 2015 mercedes on a state road going 55ish in slick rainy weather on my way to work. Could have been so much worse, and I'm so lucky. I also was in a minor one with two other cars, going like 20 or something slow. One guy was an old widow who didn't need the points on his license, and the there was a guy slightly older than me with a beat up car, who couldn't even tell if he had new damage on it, and me who was just in this major accident 5 or 6 weeks ago, and didn't need this either.. so we just moved on.

I don't know. Definitely not over 100.

azure moonstone
December 20th, 2015, 08:27 PM
1. When driving do you wear your seatbelt? I always have, yes.

If so,
By how much usually?
For main roads (55mph ) usually not over this
In town (25-35-45mph) usually not over this
Back roads (35- 45) sometimes up to 60, a lot of the roads I drive on are pretty straight and long
Interstates (65-70) probably right about there

Or, go really slow around 5mph, and then continue driving? I always stop

4. When driving do you use your turning signals? (For changing lanes and turning onto other roads ) yes, always

5. When driving do you drive smoothly and accelerate gently or fast and agressive? probably both

6. When driving do you listen to music? absolutely

7. When driving do you use your phone? yes, as much as I hate to admit it

8. When driving have you ever been pulled over? no

9. When driving have you ever been in an accident? no

10. When driving what's the fastest you have gone? probably about 90mph

Skywalker007
December 25th, 2015, 06:07 PM
1. When driving do you wear your seatbelt? Yes

If so,
By how much usually?
For main roads (55mph ) around 5-10mph
In town (25-35-45mph) around 5mph
Back roads (35- 45) around 10-15mph
Interstates (65-70) I'm from Germany :p , no speed limit

Slow, but no complete stop

4. When driving do you use your turning signals? (For changing lanes and turning onto other roads ) If there's other traffic, yes.

Depends on my mood

6. When driving do you listen to music? Yes

7. When driving do you use your phone? If someone calls

8. When driving have you ever been pulled over? No

9. When driving have you ever been in an accident? No

10. When driving what's the fastest you have gone? 150mph

redrider12
December 25th, 2015, 06:50 PM
1. When driving do you wear your seatbelt? When I'm actually in control of the car, yes. Most of the time when I'm riding shotgun, no.

If so,

By how much usually?

For main roads (55mph ) 5-10 over pretty religiously

In town (25-35-45mph) depends a lot on where cops generally hide

Back roads (35- 45) as fast as I feel is safe if I know there are no cops

Interstates (65-70) 80-85 unless there's a work zone then 60-70

Or, go really slow around 5mph, and then continue driving? All depends on the intersection. I always stop at lights - but some stops signs are no-cop, no-stop

Of course. That's just courtesy

5. When driving do you drive smoothly and accelerate gently or fast and agressive? If I'm alone, it's Need For Speed. Otherwise I'm a tad more careful

6. When driving do you listen to music? Haven't driven once without it in three years. I can't focus in silence

7. When driving do you use your phone? To control the music or make calls through Bluetooth. Never texting

8. When driving have you ever been pulled over? 4 times. Never gotten an actual ticket.

9. When driving have you ever been in an accident? Nope

10. When driving what's the fastest you have gone? I got my old Turbocharged Camry up to 120

sweettayla
December 25th, 2015, 07:40 PM
1. When driving do you wear your seatbelt? Yes

2. When driving do you go over the speed limit? Depends what l'm doing but not usually
If so,
By how much usually?
For main roads (55mph )
In town (25-35-45mph)
Back roads (35- 45)
Interstates (65-70)

Or, go really slow around 5mph, and then continue driving? Depends, if l'm coming to a major road then yes

4. When driving do you use your turning signals? (For changing lanes and turning onto other roads ) Yes

5. When driving do you drive smoothly and accelerate gently or fast and agressive? Smoothly

6. When driving do you listen to music? Depends on what l'm driving

7. When driving do you use your phone? No, anyone who does is an idiot

10. When driving what's the fastest you have gone? Not sure, 60-70+

A little short but I might edit this[/QUOTE]

randomuser123
December 28th, 2015, 08:44 PM
1. When driving do you wear your seatbelt? Always

2. When driving do you go over the speed limit? Sometimes. Your speeds are not relevant since I am in the UK, but I rarely speed more than 15%

3. When driving do you come to a complete stop? (At stop signs, when there are no other cars at the intersection causing you to stop completely )<br />
Or, go really slow around 5mph, and then continue driving? Stop only if there is a stop sign

4. When driving do you use your turning signals? (For changing lanes and turning onto other roads ) Always

5. When driving do you drive smoothly and accelerate gently or fast and agressive? Very aggressive driver

6. When driving do you listen to music? Usually

7. When driving do you use your phone? Only on hands-free

8. When driving have you ever been pulled over? Nope

9. When driving have you ever been in an accident? Nope

10. When driving what's the fastest you have gone? 130mph

Bpaikens
July 7th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Re: Driving Survey
1. When driving do you wear your seatbelt? Yes, don't know how someone can control the car otherwise.

2. When driving do you go over the speed limit? Usually
If so,
By how much usually?
For main roads (55mph ) my main roads are 40-45 mph and I will go 50-60.
In town (25-35-45mph) usually not much over that
Back roads (35- 45) depends but fast enough to have fun
Interstates (65-70) 80-100

Or, go really slow around 5mph, and then continue driving? If no ones there then I don't stop

4. When driving do you use your turning signals? (For changing lanes and turning onto other roads ) If it is necessary. Not when I'm in a turning lane

5. When driving do you drive smoothly and accelerate gently or fast and agressive? Aggressive

6. When driving do you listen to music? When I'm driving extra hard than no, when cruising yes

10. When driving what's the fastest you have gone? 120

Amethyst Rose
July 7th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Re: Driving Survey
1. When driving do you wear your seatbelt? Yes, don't know how someone can control the car otherwise.

2. When driving do you go over the speed limit? Usually
If so,
By how much usually?
For main roads (55mph ) my main roads are 40-45 mph and I will go 50-60.
In town (25-35-45mph) usually not much over that
Back roads (35- 45) depends but fast enough to have fun
Interstates (65-70) 80-100

Or, go really slow around 5mph, and then continue driving? If no ones there then I don't stop

4. When driving do you use your turning signals? (For changing lanes and turning onto other roads ) If it is necessary. Not when I'm in a turning lane

5. When driving do you drive smoothly and accelerate gently or fast and agressive? Aggressive

6. When driving do you listen to music? When I'm driving extra hard than no, when cruising yes

10. When driving what's the fastest you have gone? 120

Please don't post in threads that have been inactive for 2 months or longer. :locked: