PDA

View Full Version : Strange Sense of Anger?

Dalton_Holt
December 18th, 2015, 11:59 PM
So does anyone else ever get a sort of dark feeling of rage? Like you want to physically hurt people? It's like a sort of lust for power mixed with an urge to destroy. I never would actually hurt anyone unless they really deserve it, I'm the total opposite of a psychopath. In fact I'd say I have more sympathy than most people. But yet there's still a side to me that's sort of dark and evil.

Aziz
December 23rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
I believe i can relate. I feel like this especially in situations where i want to actually hurt another person but i didn't and then whenever i think about that i feel angry and start thinking of what i would like to have done.

Dying Ember
December 29th, 2015, 02:35 AM
Yes, I get this feeling too

Vanilla Cupcake
December 29th, 2015, 03:40 AM
I can get in a rage when something isn't fair and or someone hurts me I feel the need to get them back. I'm not a scary person or even a strong person. Actually people say I'm the sweetest thing since sliced pie with this little sweet girly voice to match, lol.
I must have some issues deeper within.

Uniquemind
December 29th, 2015, 05:02 AM
Seems normal. But I am very cautious and hesitant to ever (and I haven't had to thus far) tap into those emotions mostly because I had an epiphany years ago that seeking knowledge about why the world remains unfair and breaking the event (a,b,c) makes person do or feel emotion (a,b,c) to then fuel response action (a,b,c).

Idk there's a pattern to it that's been happening for centuries and following that pattern doesn't do much progress for the species.

So now I convert anger into curiosity and a weird tranquility unless an immediate physical threat is unavoidable.

---
Feeling anger is natural it's how you process and manage those emotions in terms of what you act on or don't act on, that defines character and morality.

Alexwellace
December 29th, 2015, 06:04 PM
I know how you feel. There are times where nothing is soothing, everything is irritating and there are flashes of violence in your head. Not that I'd ever, ever, ever actually act on them but they are just flashes, almost premonitions. Doing the dishes, cleaning a Knife and I just a get a flash in my mind of what I *could* do with it.

It's scary, it scared the hell outta me. But what matters is that it's in your head and you *know* these thoughts are only that. They are called Intrusive Thought's (google them for techniques to stop, but I've grown to use them as a coping mechanism). There is nothing inherently wrong with them and they can be useful when put into stressful situations.

Daily
January 16th, 2016, 12:22 AM
Most of the time. When some random idiots point at me o talkto me like I was a retard I just want to slit their throats and throw them body in a freezing lake.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 16th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Most of the time. When some random idiots point at me o talkto me like I was a retard I just want to slit their throats and throw them body in a freezing lake.

Oh dear! I hope that's just anger in the moment and that you would never act on it. I know how you feel, but if your think deeper about why the person is actually pointing or being rude to you. My guess is that they might be super insecure and scared and maybe it's their way of trying to look tough or something.
It's still maddening though.

amgb
January 28th, 2016, 01:33 AM
Although I know I am not spiteful in character, I think I can still relate to this. Often when I get enraged and angry I fear what I can potentially do to physically hurt the people around me especially people who weren't even slightly part of the reason I got mad in the first place. In my eyes I see anger as dark and evil, and that's why I try so, so hard not to let mine show, ever.

But yeah, I'm not sure if you wanted some suggestions or not, and if you didn't that's perfectly okay just ignore and disregard this whole paragraph here. When you say a 'strange sense' do you mean sudden? Like an unexpected wave of anger just building inside you? For me my anger always has reasons for its unwelcome and unwanted visits, is it like that for you? Anger can act like poison to your body; if it's built and pent-up inside, it will slowly destroy you. You can stop it from overpowering you, embrace your darkest feelings and then do something about it. Doing something about anger to release it in a positive way is how you can take good care of it. I find deep breathing works quite well for me, but it might not be so for you, I'm not sure. You could try it, or maybe find other ways to channel it through. The key isn't preventing the anger, because there are many situations you simply can't control. You need to harness the anger and bring it to a gradual halt.

Though I'm not the best at giving advice, if you ever need to vent about anything, I'm here to listen~