PDA

View Full Version : Suicide

Fiction
December 17th, 2015, 08:21 PM
So, I just replied to a post in the self-harm forum and it made me think.

I was mainly active here around 5 years ago, when I was a psychiatric ward mod. I'm 20 now, and most of the friends I made here are in their 20s now too. I'm still in touch with a lot of them, perhaps 15 of them.

One thing that sticks out in my mind, and keeps me going is the fact that every single one of us had suicidal thoughts, more than half suicide attempts, yet every single one is still here. And all of us are doing better than we where.

I just thought I should share that here to all of you. In 5 years time, you'll be talking to your VT friends, telling them how you're in college or uni, or how you've found the perfect relationship. I know you'll all be thinking that doesn't happen to you, you won't be better, but the truth is i've seen it. I've seen people in the same position as every single one of you improve, and get better.

Never let go of your friends on here, they could be your most valuable assets throughout your life if you let them.

There is hope. I promise.

If you need anything other than the 15 or so people still alive after being right on the edge, then i'll tell you a story.

Almost 6 years ago, I plucked up the courage to private message someone on here for the first time. We ended up really close, best friends, we supported each other so much through everything over the years. Neither of us should be here, we both attempted suicide and life felt hopeless at times for both of us, and even more hopeless because neither of us felt like we could save the other.

Now? Now we're a couple and we see each other every few weeks and we have the most beautiful time together.

Trust me, there is hope in everything.

If you need anymore proof, go look at my past threads, and see how much my life has changed.

Deleted User
December 17th, 2015, 08:54 PM
I really have nothing to add other than really well said, Kathy, and as I also replied in the same thread, I can easily second this as Kathy was actually the very first person I spoke to on the site when I joined.

A lot of us are still here and that's worth something. It's worth a lot actually. And I think that's why I still come on this site is to be able to say "I'm still here and five years down the road, you will be to".