PDA

View Full Version : Cookie recipes ?

mai-rin
December 16th, 2015, 06:46 AM
I was planning on baking my boyfriend cookies/Biscuits for Christmas (as in uk biscuits not the american bread thingies) but I was taken in with septicemia mid last week so as you can imagine I have no had time to find a good cookie recipe.I thought you guys might have some nice recipes for me to try that you've tested yourself :3 I'm panicking as i'm running out of time. Hopefully a cookie that's good/easy to ice too (one that's not all bumpy and uneven)

His favourite colour is also purple, so I wanted to ice them.The only icing I've ever used is runny icing sugar that you put over fairy cakes (if you remember being in primary school in England and making fairly cakes where they had a splashed on dollop of mediocre icing) but it always looks so messy.Is there an alternative so they look something like this? (obviously not the design, but the finish) http://i638.photobucket.com/albums/uu101/bridget350/2013/dottykittiesside.jpg
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/sites/default/files/recipe_images/biscuits.jpg
I want them to be really cute so I might do hearts or something - I have no idea. I've never really iced cookies before so I have no clue at all.

Also should I put them in a box or something? I might have to go to hobby craft after to get the stuff.

All he wanted for Christmas was hugs and cookies (I'm great at hugs so I should at least try with the cookies) .

Thanks in advance :) x

Mars
December 16th, 2015, 07:25 AM
There's these Italian ricotta cookies that I made for Thanksgiving and for the holidays. I halved the recipe because it makes almost 4 dozen so... here:

-1 stick of butter softened
-1 cup of sugar
-half container of ricotta (15oz container halved would be around 7oz)
-1tsp vanilla extract
-1 egg
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-A little bit go lemon zest
-2cups of flour
-dash of salt

I usually don't glaze them because it turns out a lot more lemony, but if you like it like that here:

-1/2 cup powdered sugar
-lemon juice
-colored sprinkles

instructions:

-preheat over to 350F
-Mix all the ingredients until the dough is nice and moist (if its sticky and stuff its supposed to be like that)
-Drop small balls unto wax paper covered platter
-Put in the oven until you see gold/brown start creeping up from the bottom of the cookie and the top is still soft

(glaze)

-coat the top w/ the glaze and put sprinkles on (the purple ones sole if u want)
-let it dry before putting in the fridge

And bada bing bada boom there you go :) There pretty easy and quickly made so don't stress em.

lacey02
December 16th, 2015, 08:53 AM
this is a great thread! I will try and find something to contribute. I usually just follow brownie directions off the box. Please keep this going and thanks for sharing the pretty pics and great recipe ideas!

Abyssal Echo
December 16th, 2015, 12:06 PM
sorry I don't have the time to write the recipe for ya.
The web site for the Skillet (http://das-dragons-lair.tumblr.com/image/135285364600) cookie recipe is on the picture