PDA

View Full Version : Not Eating Lunch

Sarcastic Cupcake
December 15th, 2015, 11:16 AM
I realized recently that I've stopped eating lunch at school. I'll be hungry, and when I get home, I'll eat a lot. I still eat a really big breakfast and dinner. I'm not self-conscious about my weight or anything. I don't think of it as anorexia because I'm not trying to lose weight, I just... don't eat lunch. Is that weird? Does that count as an eating disorder?

Endeavour
December 15th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Not really, is it just you don't feel hungry? I'm the same really.

PS- About your signature. You can't PM anyone until you have 100 posts, so ..... yeah.

Fiction
December 15th, 2015, 07:25 PM
No, this wouldn't count as an eating disorder.

This thread might help: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=91888

As you can see, distorted body image and an intense fear of gaining weight is one of the core diagnostic criteria for Anorexia, which you've said you don't have. Just not being hungry is not an eating disorder.

CuteGuy889
December 15th, 2015, 08:51 PM
IMO skipping breakfast is worst...not lunch....I started to cut my food and skipped breakfast cos I feared I'm putting on after being skinny all my life...this was at 14...I lost some....But after abt 6m I started to eat more and more for lunch and kept off breakfast....And I started to put on...and now I'm 17 and gone from 48kg to 66kg with all that giving skinny me a tummy roll, small mboobs and a round butt....

This all happened cos I skipped breakfast...Now I'm scared to start on breakfast cos I'll put on more and wont be able to hide under baggy clothes....

This would have been milder if I skipped lunch instead of breakfast...

tracykey
December 22nd, 2015, 09:04 AM
I don't have lunch too really. i just don't have much time for it, and I am not hungry

Aziz
December 22nd, 2015, 10:02 PM
I used to do that too. I don't believe this is an issue at all. It just might be that you don't feel hungry or that you don't like the food there.

Hope for the best for you

danny87786
January 20th, 2016, 02:45 PM
High school here is different it is from grade 7-11 there's no 12 but all the time I have been going to high school expect for grade 9 I did not eat lunch at all. In grade 9 I was going to a different school and here was a candy place next to the school a pizza place on the other side a sushi place down the block if you go further there's a Chinese restaurant so I spend my money almost ever day after that I did not spend my money at all. I did not eat lunch just because it was to much money to spend after spending a lot of money in grade 9 for food and eating lunch is too much since I eat in the morning and after school. I has nothing to do with loosing weight or anything like that you are human and it's normal. you don't always have to put food in your mouth all the time.

maritza
February 17th, 2016, 10:17 PM
i think its just ur body is used to eating at certain times its happened to me before

federica
February 29th, 2016, 11:34 AM
I realized recently that I've stopped eating lunch at school. I'll be hungry, and when I get home, I'll eat a lot. I still eat a really big breakfast and dinner. I'm not self-conscious about my weight or anything. I don't think of it as anorexia because I'm not trying to lose weight, I just... don't eat lunch. Is that weird? Does that count as an eating disorder?

i think it is better to eat at least 3 times per day and not to eat a lot because we are hungry

benlodge123
March 4th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Eating does you the world a good