PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool Marketing

bfldworker
December 15th, 2015, 01:46 AM

As a HUGE fan of Marvel Comics and a fan of all the movies based on Marvel Characters & Groups. I am of course a fan of Deadpool.

That said, it's a testament to my 14 year old maturity level, that the double entendre of this movie poster, I saw this poster and laughed my friggen head off for a good two minutes.

This such a brilliant poster, that it just affirms how smart, how brilliant, how much fox has its finger on the pulse on how to market this Deadpool movie.

Which makes me lament on how friggen clueless fox is on how to market Fantastic 4 but how they can nail Deadpool so absolutely perfect!

BondJamesBond
December 19th, 2015, 02:51 AM
I must confess that I giggled at the poster myself. :P Reminds me of the intro of the game (which I loved, by the way), where he scratches his "junk" with his gun. :P

I'm excited to see the movie, hope they don't mess up. :)

james wolf
December 28th, 2015, 06:22 PM
The marketing of this movie really has been great - it helps that Deadpool breaks the fourth wall.

Beach_Blonde
January 3rd, 2016, 05:30 PM
The reason why Fox is doing so well with this movie and its marketing is only because of Ryan Reynolds and Tim Miller. After this monumental screw up with Orgins Fox has to prove that it's got Deadpool right this time. Or else noone will see it. Im super excited for thi movie. Ive just recently been able to actually read Deadpool comics. My dad always stopped me before because I was to young lol. He might have been right. But now he's takin me to see the movie for Valentines Day. Fantastic 4 was a bomb from the beginning the only reason it got made was to keep it Foxs property.

AutumnWinds
January 18th, 2016, 10:33 PM
i heard at school that disney is getting the fantastic four rights back. anyone know if that's true?

RiHouse
January 26th, 2016, 08:56 PM
The marketing team go really lucky with this movie I think. It's going to be the first R-rated superhero movie for many years and they're just absolutely savaging the opportunity. I don't think I've ever seen smarter superhero advertising before.

swimjoey1
January 28th, 2016, 11:22 PM
I seen some posters posted around town and it's hilarious. You guys seen the one he has his hands shape like a heart for valentines day