PDA

View Full Version : Is weight an issue?

Teenageshort
December 15th, 2015, 01:32 AM
I am a 5 ft 3 highschool senior, 17 yrs old, weighing 136 lbs, whether or not that's over the average weight of my height group, I really don't know. I am a little on the chubby side, that much I can tell from my stomach. However, I don't know if that can reasonable affect my last couple years of growing. Maybe someone does? Anyone notice a correlation between skinny and tall?

Please provide me the good and bad news to my situation.

lliam
December 15th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Idk if it helps, but I'm the skinny type. The last 1.5 years I've grown from 166 cm to 183 cm. Not continuous the whole period but in two short growth spurts.

I think if you grow continuously over a period, the correlation between achieved body height and volume isn't that obvious, as with faster growth spurts in short time intervals, because the body in continuous growth needs less energy.

CuteGuy889
December 15th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Good - Your weight is not overweight
Bad - You are not that tall and any gain will show up soon

In my case I was ultra skinny until 15 or so.....I was like 48kg.Then bad diet, not being sporty, concentraing on grades etc has made me go upto 66kg.....This has given me a tummy roll and a rounded butt + mboobs on my skinny body....But cos I'm 5'10'' I can hide them all as long as I keep my top on....I still look skinny cos of my hight and I think it is an advantage.