PDA

View Full Version : How to persuade parents let me take care of a dog

Onlyfaith
December 13th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Hello everyone! Well I'm 16 years old to 17 years old and I really want a dog. But the problem is that my parents don't let me have one... what can I do to in order to trust me? And, have somebody any ideas for a dog which is loyal, playful and protective? I was thinking a Husky...

Hudor
December 13th, 2015, 01:09 PM
Did you ask your parents why they don't want to let you have a pet dog?

Onlyfaith
December 13th, 2015, 01:10 PM
Hudor yeap First thay don't won't a dog in the house and second they don't believe that I'll care it by myself and they think that they'll have to do all the work on their own

Hudor
December 13th, 2015, 01:18 PM
Okay. You should tell them that you would keep it outside and that you'll take care of it yourself. But i guess you have already done that. To make them believe, you could probably make a promise and assure them that if you couldn't take care of it, you wouldn't ask. Honestly, trust is something you can't really force people to do. So, if you manage to coax your parents properly or enough or if they trust what you say, they'll let you have your pet. It might be they would let you have one after some time, in which case be patient.
Also if they let you have it, live up to their trust and take good care of it.

hazelteen
December 21st, 2015, 11:30 AM
Volunteer to walk others dogs.

Remind parents of benefits of owning a dog at the perfect moment. Here is a good link to benefits of having a dog.
https://dogvacay.com/blog/10-unexpected-side-benefits-of-having-a-dog/

Remember that whatever the weather, your dog will need walking. Go out for walks on your own in rain and then remind parents how fun it would be to have a dog at your side to splash in the puddles!

Make your parents a promise to walk the dog "X" times a week.

I'd also like to say that a dog living in your house is really a family pet and say you are ill one day or away on some trip, who would look after it?

Though I am a big fan of huskys, I don't think they would make a very good first time dog as they require a lot of training.

If you are looking for a large dog, there are plenty that don't need much training or walks.

Keep in mind the cost of having a dog is extremely high. Your parents would have to pay for that.

I would really recommend the website DOGS 101 BY ANIMAL PLANET. It's the best resource and you can take a quiz to see which it would be the best for you. It also provides great informative vids of each breed!