PDA

View Full Version : Virginity is it a Theory.

Abbeys
December 12th, 2015, 02:00 AM
I donít know if I am allowed to refence another thread but as VT is a tiny community and Puberty For Girls section an off spin so it wonít be difficult to find what Iím talking about.

On the other thread it is suggested that we should view virginity as a a philosophical and not a physical experience.

I wholeheartedly agree but as usual I am recked with self doubt and I am adopting this philosophy because it conveniently gets me off the hook and it exonerates me of the responsibility of what in retrospect was a rash decision regarding my own virginty and the subsequent loss of.

Please help me out.

What do you think?

Uniquemind
December 12th, 2015, 03:32 AM
I donít know if I am allowed to refence another thread but as VT is a tiny community and Puberty For Girls section an off spin so it wonít be difficult to find what Iím talking about.

On the other thread it is suggested that we should view virginity as a a philosophical and not a physical experience.

I wholeheartedly agree but as usual I am recked with self doubt and I am adopting this philosophy because it conveniently gets me off the hook and it exonerates me of the responsibility of what in retrospect was a rash decision regarding my own virginty and the subsequent loss of.

Please help me out.

What do you think?

What's done is done, there's nothing to be gained or lost by being fixated on this topic.

For me it's a duel concept of both physical (biological, brain, std's etc.) matters and spiritual matters.

PM me because to understand my long view of this issue and emotions behind it I have to respond with a 2-3 page essay.

I mix concepts of living multiple lives (reincarnation) and therefore having multiple virginities because you have multiple life experiences/bodies/vessels.

Then you juggle the concept of rape, sexual assault in there too and it gets complicated.

So PM me, that's all I can say. You can choose to agree with how I see things or not.

Claire Asteroid
December 26th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Well I class myself as a virgin even though I've had oral sex from a girl because it was just experimenting. I'm straight and I've never had intercourse with a boy so I'm a virgin.

LITTLEANGEL17
December 26th, 2015, 07:54 AM
I am a virgin and proud of it. :yes:

Abbeys
December 26th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Well I class myself as a virgin even though I've had oral sex from a girl because it was just experimenting. I'm straight and I've never had intercourse with a boy so I'm a virgin.

Absolutely.

sweettayla
December 26th, 2015, 10:25 AM

Please help me out.

What do you think?
You can adopt any philosophy you want, society has an accepted definition of virginity and how you lose it and that's all there is to it.

SkyClad33605
December 26th, 2015, 11:31 PM
I think the concept of virginity is totally outdated.

It's just a holdover from when women were treated as property and men wanted to be sure that any kids the women had were from them, the man I mean.

Like you pointed out, how does virginity between lesbians work? It doesn't matter.

People get too hung up on this idea that sex makes them dirty, or unclean, or impure. That's just shaming. There is no evidence to suggest that healthy, safe, consensual, sexual activity causes harm.

If you don't want to have sex then that's fine, don't have sex. Not having ever had sex doesn't make you a bad person, or a weirdo, or a freak, but it also doesn't make you pure, or good, or special.

KellyNC
December 27th, 2015, 12:19 AM
I would agree, and think that overall that it's an experience people should feel free to define on their own, regardless of gender. When other people talk about their own experiences I typically assume that they mean the first PIV experience, although for myself (and as a bi girl) I consider it to be the first time I received and then gave oral to another girl. I have since had other experiences with both genders, but for me oral was when it crossed the line from just two curious girls having fun to a purely sexual experience.

Along with the obvious problems like mine for bi or lesbian girls, I also think that it's wrong that a girl technically couldn't consider herself a virgin if her first 'traditional' experience came as a result of rape or sexual assault. I agree that virginity is an outdated concept, but if it is something someone does value about themselves and wishes to save it, it seems very troubling to me that a woman might not consider herself one just because of those those awful experiences.