PDA

View Full Version : Why??

himmypop
December 11th, 2015, 10:34 AM
I found out that you need 250 posts to SEND PM'S!
We are teens? can you not trust us?
anyways, could you lower it to like 10 or something.?:cry2:
I'm not trying to use the pm's as a dating service, but come on!!!!!! 250!!!!!

Abhorrence
December 11th, 2015, 11:29 AM
It's 100 posts, not 250. It will not be lowered.

Hudor
December 11th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Like Abhorrence said the requirement is 100 posts. Besides, that we're "teens" is one of the main reasons for the 100 posts requirement. :P

azure moonstone
December 11th, 2015, 01:17 PM
You need 100 posts to be able to PM other members. You can PM any member of staff at any time, regardless of post count.

The 250 number comes into play when dealing with moderated visitor messages. You need 250 posts and three months as a member of VT for your VMs to not be moderated.

Jerms
December 11th, 2015, 05:55 PM
You have to remember that not everyone is going to be mature like you are when it comes to the site. You will have younger members who don't fully understand the rules or didn't take the time to read them. I think the number that is required isn't a bad one and if you're serious about contributing to the forums, you will meet that post count in no time :)

SethfromMI
December 12th, 2015, 09:57 AM
It is 100 posts and it is all about trying to make things safer for everyone

Jemmy
February 10th, 2016, 10:24 AM
You need 100 posts to be able to PM other members. and ot's just safety

Sheriff McGregor
February 10th, 2016, 10:29 AM
I remember hearing about a time when anyone could pm. It was right before I joined, so I never witnessed it but from what I was told, it was a big problem. So many newbies sent or would inappropriate messages. It's hard to watch all of them try to communicate inappropriately. Many of them won't get to 100 posts because they'll get discouraged or get banned. But, a lot of perverts would take advantage of it being under 100

ImCoolBeans
February 17th, 2016, 02:24 AM
I remember hearing about a time when anyone could pm. It was right before I joined, so I never witnessed it but from what I was told, it was a big problem. So many newbies sent or would inappropriate messages. It's hard to watch all of them try to communicate inappropriately. Many of them won't get to 100 posts because they'll get discouraged or get banned. But, a lot of perverts would take advantage of it being under 100

Not quite :P
The PM requirement was 50 posts until about 2010. That's when it was raised to 100 posts. There was a time when anyone could PM on VT but it was long before you were a member, and long before I was member myself.

ethan-s
February 24th, 2016, 08:15 PM
the system must be broken. i can send pm's.

and i only have 31 posts...

Elysium
February 24th, 2016, 08:20 PM

You can PM staff members regardless of your post count. Is that what you're referring to?

ImCoolBeans
February 25th, 2016, 11:21 AM

You have been PMing with staff members, that's why it has been allowed.

ethan-s
February 25th, 2016, 02:45 PM
oh ok i see.