PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about free Psychologists online?

Vanilla Cupcake
December 7th, 2015, 08:19 PM
I would like to go to a psychologist but my mom doesn't have the money.
I saw online that there are free ones. Have you ever done that? Are they real?
Is it safe?

Abhorrence
December 8th, 2015, 04:16 AM
I live in England so my mental health advisors, psychologists, doctors, etc are all free and I've never heard of online ones. I know there are suicide helplines online and stuff like that but I guess it is worth a try. Maybe just try it out, don't say any personal details because that will make it unsafe. Just keep your name and everything under wraps, if you keep anonymity then there isn't a way that it can be unsafe really.

Vanilla Cupcake
December 8th, 2015, 10:37 PM
I live in England so my mental health advisors, psychologists, doctors, etc are all free and I've never heard of online ones. I know there are suicide helplines online and stuff like that but I guess it is worth a try. Maybe just try it out, don't say any personal details because that will make it unsafe. Just keep your name and everything under wraps, if you keep anonymity then there isn't a way that it can be unsafe really.

Wow your lucky! Maybe I should move to England lol.

City Kid
December 14th, 2015, 11:14 AM
I completely agree with Abhorrence, but... May I ask what country you live in? I think that it's very odd and kind of sad to have to pay to see a psychologist.

Vanilla Cupcake
December 15th, 2015, 07:16 PM
I completely agree with Abhorrence, but... May I ask what country you live in? I think that it's very odd and kind of sad to have to pay to see a psychologist.

Sorry for the late reply. I live in Canada!

Melodic
December 15th, 2015, 07:55 PM

Unless you have health insurance, it's the same in America as well.

As for the question. I've heard of some that held free-trials, I'm not too sure about the ones being completely free. You might wanna be cautious with any of these as they could be scams. Especially since they will probably ask for stuff like your social security number.

Vanilla Cupcake
December 15th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Unless you have health insurance, it's the same in America as well.

As for the question. I've heard of some that held free-trials, I'm not too sure about the ones being completely free. You might wanna be cautious with any of these as they could be scams. Especially since they will probably ask for stuff like your social security number.

Ok Thankyou. I don't think I will try it, sounds complicated anyways.

redrider12
January 10th, 2016, 10:40 PM
Phishy if I've ever seen it. That just seems to be a breeding ground for pedophilia and thieves and all. I don't think any legit psychologist with a degree who could be making money would be available online for free

Vanilla Cupcake
January 11th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Phishy if I've ever seen it. That just seems to be a breeding ground for pedophilia and thieves and all. I don't think any legit psychologist with a degree who could be making money would be available online for free

Ya I am iffy about it too. Who would offere services like that for free. I'm sure they have better things to do with their spare time.

Body odah Man
April 3rd, 2016, 09:23 AM
I would like to go to a psychologist but my mom doesn't have the money.
I saw online that there are free ones. Have you ever done that? Are they real?
Is it safe?

Sounds useful for me as well. If you hear anything lemme know por favor

Serra
April 3rd, 2016, 11:07 AM
I haven't heard of completely free online ones except for helplines,but just be careful and don't give out personal info. Check if their site seems legit and also know a bit about what you are asking them first,before you talk to them about it. Just like irl psychologists you shouldn't have contact with them off site for any purpose other than to helping you.

City Kid
April 11th, 2016, 03:16 PM
Please do not post in threads that have been inactive for two months or longer. :locked: