PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom teeth removal

troopa
December 7th, 2015, 06:46 AM
I think I'm getting my wisdom teeth out in the next month and I've seen many aftermath videos of people saying some pretty crazy stuff. They give you laughing gas and I'm worried that somethings might come out of my mouth that I'd rather not in front of my parents, things that have been stressing me. I'm pretty chill and I've never been high before so I don't know if I'll be able to control it or not. Will I be fine and just make up nonsense or is there possibility that I might say my true thoughts? Maybe I'll be able to reduce that risk before hand?

lacey02
December 7th, 2015, 10:52 AM
I have friends who had theirs out and they said funny stuff that may have been a bit inappropriate, but I think everyone understands and does not judge. I think you should not worry about it and just relax and understand that everyone goes thru this at some point... Tell us how it goes!

Zachary G
December 7th, 2015, 11:26 AM
I wouldnt worry too much about it, anything you might say while still under the effects of the gas will probably be dismissed as ramblings and not taken as truth, even if it is. However, if you do say something and they come back to you and ask you about something you said, you can always tell them you dont remember saying that and they will probably leave it alone. Then you always stand the chance of the gas not having any kind of effect on you at all, so I wouldnt try to do damage control before hand because you could be opening a can of worms.

Deleted User
December 7th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I had my wisdom teeth removed and was completely coherent afterward. I think it depends on the sort of anaesthesia they give you. For some people, they don't put you entirely under. You don't feel pain and are only vaguely aware of what's going on around you. Think that moment right before you fall asleep where everything feels unreal. I was completely knocked out and a lot of people don't feel as "loopy" after that apparently.

Everyone reacts differently and honestly, a lot of those videos aren't people completely out of their minds, they just have less filter when they're talking because they want to talk. It's not like you have no self control whatsoever.

Hope the surgery goes well.

troopa
December 19th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys, It's been postponed for next year but this has really made me a lot more confident about getting my wisdom teeth out. I hope and I'm sure it'll all go well, thank you!

Human
December 28th, 2015, 11:56 PM
I think most of the time you're too drugged up to say anything coherent, don't worry about secrets etc. if that happened then governments would give it to criminals wouldn't they!

CuteGuy889
December 30th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I had my molar tooth out whn I was 15....I was given the 'gas' and the effect of it and the pain of dental job made me pee my pants on the dentist chair...It was horribly embarrassing....I almost cried......It was a proper pee and my mom had to get me to take my school uniform pants and undies off in the parking lot to prevent the car seat from getting pee....I had to keep my school bag on my lap to cover myself on my ride home...
This happened as I had not peed as it was after-school.

My advice...Please pee before you enter the dentist room...If possible take a spare pair of shorts hidden..

Skywalker007
December 30th, 2015, 06:56 PM
After what I just read I'm really happy that I don't need to have mine removed...

troopa
January 11th, 2016, 06:10 AM
I had my molar tooth out whn I was 15....I was given the 'gas' and the effect of it and the pain of dental job made me pee my pants on the dentist chair...It was horribly embarrassing....I almost cried......It was a proper pee and my mom had to get me to take my school uniform pants and undies off in the parking lot to prevent the car seat from getting pee....I had to keep my school bag on my lap to cover myself on my ride home...
This happened as I had not peed as it was after-school.

My advice...Please pee before you enter the dentist room...If possible take a spare pair of shorts hidden..

Whoa that's quite a story! I'm sorry you had to go through all of that :O thanks for the tip!