PDA

View Full Version : A Song of Ice and Fire

Kahn
December 5th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Hey y'all, I was just wondering if we had any A Song of Ice and Fire readers. I've read the series and watched the entirety of the show, thus far, and have reread bits and pieces of the series as well. I love the escape from reality that it provides me, and GRRM's rather rugged writing style.

My favorite character is Bran, by far. A lot of people dislike his storyline, but I find it one of the most interesting and compelling in the books and the show. Arys Oakheart (Yes my VT namesake :P) is another favorite of mine.

Anywho, I digress. Has anyone read ASOIAF here?

Judean Zealot
December 5th, 2015, 03:01 PM
I like Arya Stark the best. :)

I'm not sure what I think of Aegon Targaryen, as I haven't seen enough of him.

But yeah, I'm a huge fan.

Kahn
December 5th, 2015, 06:49 PM
I like Arya Stark the best. :)

I'm not sure what I think of Aegon Targaryen, as I haven't seen enough of him.

But yeah, I'm a huge fan.

What do you like about Arya?

Aegon is going to be an exciting individual to read about, considering the implications of he and the Golden Company's imminent invasion of Westeros.

Judean Zealot
December 5th, 2015, 06:56 PM
What do you like about Arya?

Her grit, and her ability to adapt to her circumstances. Most GoT characters (Ned Stark, Sansa, Tyrion, etc.) are stuck in a particular character- which ends up killing them or otherwise heavily fucking them over. Arya can be versatile, she can be anyone, Arya, Arry, Cat of the Canals, or anyone- and that's why she is still alive. Although she may have fucked up real bad in Braavos. We have to find out exactly what will come of her.

candorgen
December 5th, 2015, 08:20 PM
I've read most of the first book, but since that stopped being available, I'm just onto the second. I am reading it extremely slowly and inconsistently (I started reading the 1st in late 2013), but I am going with it.
Looking forward to the Winds of Winter - I hear it may be out next year.

Hudor
December 10th, 2015, 07:48 AM
Well I've only read the first book and a lot of the characters that were introduced in it [-]were slaughtered[/-] died in the same book and i haven't gotten to know any of the characters too well. So up till now it would be Jon Snow, Arya Stark and Tyrion Lannister. And of course the wolves, especially Ghost.