PDA

View Full Version : not eating at school...

Endeavour
December 5th, 2015, 12:10 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but..

Most days when I am at school, I don't really have much of a breakfast and I don't drink/eat much during the day because I am really scared to use the toilets at school...

is anyone else like this? what could i do to help?

SethfromMI
December 5th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Well I would not really call this a eating disorder. you don't seem to struggle with food, but anxiety about having to use the bathroom. maybe afraid of germs or whatever? or just nervous about using the bathroom around others (which there is a nervous related/shy bladder some people do have). I would just try to suggest try using the bathroom sometimes and when you do, remind yourself it is no big deal, no one is there to see what your doing, they are there to take care of their own busniuess. it is the type of thing which cannot get better unless you put yourself in the situation to do so

Deleted User
December 6th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Yeah, this is more of an anxiety issue than an eating disorder. Have you tried seeing if there are single washrooms at your school that you could use? Perhaps speak to a school counsellor and see if some accommodation could be made? It's a long shot but you don't want to be starving yourself at school.

If it's possible, maybe see if you can use the school bathrooms when there are only one or two people in them. Take bathroom breaks during classes when less people are likely to be out in the halls and slowly get used to it then. I hate public bathrooms and people hearing me but then I remind myself that we're all in there for the same reason. No one really cares what you're doing (well, unless you're doing something you're not supposed to be doing in a public bathroom).

It's mostly a thing you just have to learn to do and yeah, it's uncomfortable but it's also not healthy to keep going about it the way that you are now.

Abhorrence
December 6th, 2015, 06:06 PM
Eating Disorders :arrow: Anxiety

troopa
December 7th, 2015, 06:29 AM
I was the same in high school and I faced anxiety all the time, still do, mostly social anxiety. Sometimes I just forgot to eat but most of the time it was being afraid to be seen eating things like a banana or a kids musli bar, or anything with a spoon like a child. Whatever it was I felt pressured. Im also gluten intolerant so there wasn't too much food I could easily take to school. I'm gay and I didn't have the best time in high school so the boys bathroom was always a no no so I'd just wait till I got home. So I guess we can relate in that way.

I'd say if you really wouldn't like to go at school, then go right before you leave your house and make sure you get home before having an accident or maybe go during class? I regret not eating because I lost so much weight that it's obvious how skinny I am right now and it's pretty pathetic. I say just eat! Breakfast is important and if that makes you have to use the bathroom make sure you go after eating and before going to school, snacks throughout the day won't be too good but if you get home and eat a meal straight away in addition to dinner, that might make up for it. I'm clearly not a pro but don't do what I done and not eat, make sure you eat because it's really important.

Dynamo360
January 6th, 2016, 02:47 PM
Food takes 6-8 hours to digest, so if you eat food at lunch time, you shouldn't need to use the toilet until you get home, thus avoiding school toilets.

bruhh15
January 7th, 2016, 11:51 PM
This is more of anxiety, no I have never experienced this, but I do have anxiety real bad for other things.

riolu
January 31st, 2016, 06:53 AM
u probs willdo breakfast if no foodschoolpoop

Unknwn
February 10th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I remember as I went through high school, I stopped eating less and less to the point where by my senior year I barely went to the cafeteria any more. It wasn't that I didn't want to eat, it was just that I was busy with other stuff.
If you don't want to use the school bathrooms, then can't an alternative be to just wait until you get home? You shouldn't let the school bathrooms stop you from eating if you are hungry.