PDA

View Full Version : The 13 most dangerous airlines in the world

Gumleaf
December 4th, 2015, 07:05 PM
For credit purposes, I saw this list on the site escapehere.com Listed are the 13 most dangerous airlines in the world. Fortunately I haven't even heard of most of these airlines! Below is the criteria which I've copied and pasted from the site. .....basing them on a rating scale out of seven stars. The airlines below all have a rating of two stars or below and are rated on factors such as is the airline certified by the International Air Transport Association Operational Safety Audit (IOSA), are they blacklisted from the European Union, have they been fatality free for 10 years, are they FAA approved and do they meet all 8 of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) safety parameters. To explain; the IOSA certification is an evaluation system designed to assess the management and control system of an airline whereas the ICAO measures the standards and regulations necessary for aviation safety, security, efficiency and regularity. Most of these airlines do not offer in-flight products, have terrible on time performance and have been grounded or investigated at least once in their lifetime. Between bomb threats, hijackings, overshot runways and crashes; these airlines have a history of being unsafe.

13) Yeti Airways (Nepal)

12) Sriwijaya Air (Indonesia)

11) Air Bagan (Myanmar)

10) Susi Air (Indonesia)

9) Merpati Airlines (Indonesia)

8) Daallo Airlines (Somalia)

7) Ariana Afghan Airways (Afghanistan)

6) Bluewing Airlines (Suriname)

5) Tara Air (Nepal)

4) Lion Air (Indonesia)

3) Nepal Airlines (Nepal)

2) SCAT Airlines (Kazakhstan)

1) Kam Air (Afghanistan)

Endeavour
December 12th, 2015, 04:18 PM

From airlineratings.com - the safest airlines in the world

Main:
Qantas, Air New Zealand, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, , Emirates, Etihad Airways, EVA Air, Finnair, Lufthansa and Singapore Airlines.

LCCs / budget airlines:
Aer Lingus, Alaska Airlines, Icelandair, Jetblue, Jetstar, Kulula.com, Thomas Cook, TUI Fly, Virgin America and Westjet

redrider12
December 24th, 2015, 02:52 PM
I believe that Air Koryo (flag carrier of North Korea) is on that list as well. With the exception of the new An-148s and Tu-204, their entire fleet is Soviet era Russian airliners, many of which have had hours artificially rolled back and fudged safety records made to keep in service. For a time, and I believe they still are, actually, they were banned from operating in the European Union. They are the only Skytrax-rated two star airline in the world