PDA

View Full Version : PM'ing people under the limit

kryptonite
December 3rd, 2015, 09:47 PM
So, whatever the limit is, 100 posts to PM someone, that's cool and all.

I have an idea. Someone could PM them and either
1) A mod could review it before it was sent to them

Or the idea I came here to post:

2) It would go to a sort of "limbo" where it would be sent to them when they reached the magic limit along with the then-current day/time so it would appear at the top of their box and maybe have an automatic note... "This message was sent before you reached 100 posts, but since you just got 100 posts, you can finally see it and reply to it."

Elysium
December 3rd, 2015, 09:55 PM
1) I'm not sure such a system exists, and if one does, I'm honestly not sure how I'd feel about it. I'd have to think on it a little more.

2) You can see PMs before reaching 100 posts, you just can't send any (to anyone but staff). You're welcome to go back and reply to any PMs sent to you before you reached 100 posts at any time. I'm not sure why such a feature would create any convenience or advantage.

Uniquemind
December 3rd, 2015, 10:00 PM
1) I'm not sure such a system exists, and if one does, I'm honestly not sure how I'd feel about it. I'd have to think on it a little more.

2) You can see PMs before reaching 100 posts, you just can't send any (to anyone but staff). You're welcome to go back and reply to any PMs sent to you before you reached 100 posts at any time. I'm not sure why such a feature would create any convenience or advantage.

I'm of the firm view that it'd be a disadvantage. I like the system as is.

kryptonite
December 3rd, 2015, 11:10 PM

Ah, so if someone has, say, 95 PMs, I can send it and they can see it.

AmIRite?

:metal:

Elysium
December 3rd, 2015, 11:12 PM
I'm of the firm view that it'd be a disadvantage. I like the system as is.
Duly noted, and I'm inclined to agree with you.
Ah, so if someone has, say, 95 PMs, I can send it and they can see it.

AmIRite?

:metal:
That is correct.

kryptonite
December 4th, 2015, 08:07 PM
That is correct.

Well then, that settles that.

redrider12
December 27th, 2015, 01:54 PM
I like it this way. I assume part of the reason for the 100-post deal is the number of fake/troll/bogus accounts that show up just looking for erotica and perverted stuff. I wouldn't like sending any message that I was 100% sure would have to be hand-approved by a moderator every time.. Almost takes away the point of PM anyway