PDA

View Full Version : how much does jaw surgery hurt?

josh wendt
December 3rd, 2015, 09:34 AM
Ive been told that I need to have surgery to move my top jaw forward so that it will line up with my bottom jaw. This will probably happen in about 2 or 3 years, but I just want to know what to expect (i am kind of scared about it) Has anyone here had this type of surgery before? how much will it hurt? what does it feel like having your jaws wired shut? and how do you eat after the surgery? how do you drink water if you cant open your mouth? (I assume that my jaws would still be wired together for a couple of weeks after I get out of hospital)

CuteGuy889
December 8th, 2015, 08:12 PM
IDK about oral surgery but sm dental stuff hurt pretty bad...Whn I was 12 I had a tooth out...It hurt so much that I had pee it my pants....I cried too mainly because of embrresmnt....But dentist of nurse did not see my pee patch but my mom knew what happend and got me to take my pants and undies off before I got into the car.

Mike2
December 8th, 2015, 08:55 PM
I'm not really sure about moving the jaw, but last year I had surgery on my jaw where they had to drill inside my jaw and take a sample of bone marrow. They put me to sleep so I didn't feel anything and for the next few weeks I was on pain pills. If your surgery ends up kind of like mine you shouldn't really feel any pain.

SethfromMI
December 8th, 2015, 08:58 PM
I am sure they will put you to sleep during it. will you be in some pain afterwards? I am sure you will, but they will give you some pain pills which should help somewhat. in the end though, it should help you and hopefully cause you less pain own the road