PDA

View Full Version : I think I just got my period?

Vanilla Cupcake
December 3rd, 2015, 09:20 AM
So I woke up early this morning and had a tiny bit of blood in my panties. Is this my period?:eek:

My moms not home and I don't know what to do I don't want to go to school, please help?

Posts merged. Next time, please use the "Edit" button. ~Elysium

Elysium
December 3rd, 2015, 12:20 PM
Possibly, but better safe than sorry. First of all, calm down. Do you have any pads at home? If not, you can easily buy them somewhere. If you can't or don't want to buy them in a store, I'm not sure about your school but mine has dispensers in the girls' bathrooms where you can buy a sanitary napkin (i.e., a pad) for a quarter. Our nurse also has a supply of pads that we can take for free whenever we need or want to.

There's some more information on periods here (http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89514).

angelina
December 3rd, 2015, 12:36 PM
I think you are > 12yo..it is quite possible that your MC has started..Do not be panicky..Follow the nice advices given by Elysium.

lacey02
December 3rd, 2015, 12:38 PM
I heard about some moms who have a kit ready for their daughters when this happens. What do you all suggest is in the kit so that others can be ready...

Deleted User
December 3rd, 2015, 03:26 PM
Hopefully you found a solution for this morning. But hey, sounds like it. However, you could also just be spotting.

Spotting is when you don't have a steady flow and it's usually just a few drops of blood every few hours, every day, every couple of days, or hell, once a month. All periods are different. And you can spot/have irregular periods for a couple of years after you start so don't be freaked out if you see blood today, none tomorrow, and two weeks from now see more. Most women are on a 28-34 day cycle but I remember it took me years of being either two weeks early or two weeks late to finally get things settled.

Should I say congrats? I dunno. But Elysium is right, a lot of public bathrooms do have pad dispensers and I can guarantee if you have a school nurse or any younger female teacher you trust and tell them you need a bad because it's an "emergency", they will help you out. It can be a little embarrassing at first but don't worry about it. You all have one thing in common: you have periods.

Vanilla Cupcake
December 3rd, 2015, 04:31 PM
Thanks everybody. I stayed home from school today because I was worried and I didn't know if things would get worse. I saw no pads in my moms cupboard just some other things, tampons they called them on the box? I read the box and it says to stick it inside you, MY GOD they look giant and I really wouldn't know where to begin with that.
I didn't bleed much, just a little,I put paper towels in my undies, ahh so scratchy!
It seems to have stopped now.

Elysium
December 3rd, 2015, 04:38 PM
Thanks everybody. I stayed home from school today because I was worried and I didn't know if things would get worse. I saw no pads in my moms cupboard just some other things, tampons they called them on the box? I read the box and it says to stick it inside you, MY GOD they look giant and I really wouldn't know where to begin with that.
I didn't bleed much, just a little,I put paper towels in my undies, ahh so scratchy!
It seems to have stopped now.
I wouldn't worry about tampons yet, if ever. Only start considering those when and if you're comfortable and/or you feel the need. Boxes of tampons will come with warnings, instructions, and other things you'll need to know when and if that time ever comes. For now, even if it appears to have stopped, I would still advise you to get some pads, one way or another. Pads are easier and a whole lot less scary.

Vanilla Cupcake
December 3rd, 2015, 04:43 PM
Thanks Elysium.
I think I will pass on the tampons and get pads like u said. I'm really not liking this whole period thing, what if it leaks?

Princess Ariel
December 3rd, 2015, 05:18 PM
If it leaks, it leaks. Shit happens. Just clean it up. As you get older and you have more and more periods you'll get to learn your flow. When I first started, it was very light. I could go for an entire day changing my pad twice. As I grew up, I've started to use tampons, and I'm changing them every other hour, but thats just because of how heavy my flow is.

It takes time, your first few years will be very irregular & light. I started when I was 9, and I'm 19 now. To this day I'm still a few days late here and there; I was 4 days late recently.

Stick to pads, until you're comfortable, to try new things. If you aren't ever comfortable, then don't worry. Its your period, it's your vagina. My girlfriend is 24 and hasn't ever touched a tampon, and is amazed at how I do it with no problems. But that's just me.