PDA

View Full Version : Preventing Infection

Fiction
December 3rd, 2015, 08:03 AM
I haven't cut properly in years until last night and honestly i've forgotten all the golden rules of preventing infection.

I was drunk when I did it, and didn't clean the blade like i'd have usually done, and didn't clean the cuts like i'd have usually done.

So I've woken up this morning a little concerned considering I cut with what was most likely not clean at all, and didn't clean my cuts immediately. I only really had soap and water to clean with this morning too.

Basically, is there anything more I can do?

And what are the chances that it will get infected? :/

Deleted User
December 3rd, 2015, 03:03 PM
Soap and water can go a long way even if it's not ideal. Fact is you cleaned them and maybe try using a warm, damp cloth on them once or twice when you get the chance. You know the regular drill basically. Definitely don't use rubbing alcohol since that will disinfect but irritate the skin and make it heal slower. Maybe try to wear less constricting clothing so the skin can breathe. Just keep doing anything else you would have done in the days following.

Honestly, I went several years never cleaning cuts either until the next morning or ever and I've never gotten a bad infection. Little ones here and there but nothing that didn't go away on its own or with a bit of Neosporin. That's lucky, I know, but I don't think you'll go off and get some massive infection because one time you didn't clean them right away. A few hours won't make a huge difference unless you used some sort of gardening tool or shared it with another person.