PDA

View Full Version : Which would you rather drive?

Hilton_1320
November 30th, 2015, 11:07 PM
Alright, so I've been looking at cars lately, and I mean lately, I stay up for hours looking for cars for me to have as a first car, I personally want a Truck with a few racing parts!

But I have a few questions for y'all:

Would you Drive a Slammed(To the Ground) Vehicle?

Would you want it to be very fast?

What color would you want it if it has/had a bad Paint Job?

https://gyazo.com/9fe4ac399b4b5b9a0553250e42b2ef8d <--- Motor I want in my truck, it's the 23k one... I want to go very very fast :P Then that's the truck I am getting from my Great Grandpa

Professional Russian
December 1st, 2015, 06:40 AM
Fuck that slammed shit. Jack that bitch up, throw some 44s on it. Big block with a stick. Shiny black or candy blue are the only colors for me. If you want to go fast and have an unlimited budget go look at the Jon kaase racing Ford 820 big block. That pumping some major horses and some major torque. Pair that with a 6 of 8 speed and you'll be golden....now I wonder how that would do with an Eaton 7speed if it would fit.....hmm.
Here's the link:
http://www.jonkaaseracingengines.com/html/820_ford_hemi.html

Bull
December 2nd, 2015, 08:11 PM
I love my funky blue Jeep. It serves me well. I also enjoy driving my mom's Escalade and my dad's monster Ram, both black on black.

prepkid813
December 3rd, 2015, 12:10 AM
I definitely wanna drive a jeep. Idk why, but I've fallen in love with them!

Cognizant
December 5th, 2015, 02:23 AM
Lol as much as I am into sporty and possibly even riced out cars, my insurance company does not share that same interest :P

I like my cars to strike a good balance between sporty and elegant. Providing decent power with respectable fuel economy. Riding firm but not jarring. Looks stylish without much work needed aftermarket. I own a Camry and I'd totally buy another SE v6 or something like that when my current one bites the dust. Or maybe a Ford Fusion with the EcoBoost.

That, or crossover SUVs (for the ride height more than anything). I rented a Toyota Venza for a week and I fell in love with it, especially the drivers forward visibility and acceptable acceleration. You can get a used Venza loaded and with the v6 from $15-16 grand in my area, so it's definitely something I'm going to consider.

CosmicNoodle
December 10th, 2015, 02:05 PM
*every British kid looks at Americans confused*
Either you're very, very, very rich, or America is insanely cheap, in the Uk you're lucky to get a 1.2L anything, let alone a slammed pick up truck with an after market, blown, high capacity engine

But I have a few questions for y'all:

Would you Drive a Slammed(To the Ground) Vehicle?

No, I have more than 3 brain cells. I know people who've done it, apparently getting stuck on slight bumps for 5 hours isn't fun. even more so when it's a regular thing.

People see something and instantly go "My god that's cool" and forget that editing suspension components will destroy ride quality, probably be less sturdy than OEM parts, and be a pain in the ass to own and drive. (Ask me how I know, been there, done that)

Would you want it to be very fast?

No, people our age shouldn't have fast anything, we all act like retards, and having huge amounts of torque and power will only get people killed, and drive up insurance prices for everyone our age. But it's up to you.

What color would you want it if it has/had a bad Paint Job?

Black, black looks good on everything.

Vanilla Cupcake
December 12th, 2015, 02:01 AM
Nope, I like big trucks, big tires! 4x4ing yeah!

justindw199
December 16th, 2015, 10:59 AM
I'd personally go for something fast, but not lowered. Something like a Lamborghini. Or, I would take something with a nasty V12 like a Jag or Aston Martin. Those new Acura NSX's are pretty insane too.

Abyssal Echo
December 16th, 2015, 11:35 AM
I like my 4x4 truck too much.
No I wouldn't want any kind of vehicle slammed to the ground
something with plenty of low end torque yes. fast No! besides where I live I usually get stuck behind some kind of farm equipment so whats the point.

lacey02
December 16th, 2015, 02:23 PM
4X4 anything is great, but I like trucks so you are up above and can see around

Vanilla Cupcake
December 31st, 2015, 10:12 AM
I'd personally go for something fast, but not lowered. Something like a Lamborghini. Or, I would take something with a nasty V12 like a Jag or Aston Martin. Those new Acura NSX's are pretty insane too.

I second the NSX but a Lamborghini would be kinda cool. :cool:

Splat
December 31st, 2015, 01:56 PM
Kids here are all about their slammed to the ground fast cars, but honestly they're fucking stupid and dangerous. I've seen a gang of them racing into the supermarket's car park skidding around corners 30 mins before the store even closed! I was scared stiff.

As for me, I'd go for a dark blue, mini countryman. I know it's nothing like the original but the size and shape is perfect for me :)

BigTex355
December 31st, 2015, 09:51 PM
Would you drive a slammed to the ground car?
No, I'd prefer to have a truck that is actually high up, it's better for off-roading and I just prefer the more rugged look.

Would you want it to be fast?
I would want something with decent acceleration, but I do not need it to be a Dodge Challenger Hellcat. I would prefer a manual transmission, but trucks don't come with those too much these days.

What color would you want it?
I have always loved Navy blue with a nice metallic shine to it. It's a beautiful color, semi-sporty, and classy at the same time. If I couldn't afford that, then I would just get black.

PS -
At our age I wouldn't get anything too fast or expensive. For one thing your insurance rates will go through the roof (if they even insure you). You also have gas mileage, and if its poor, you will spend all your money on gas. If you put a different engine in a car, your service costs might go up because your vehicle is using different parts and they may need lots of service. 23K is a lot of money for an engine. I personally am looking for a truck for myself, I am looking at the Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon (2009-2012). I am looking at the 3.7L 5-Cylinder so it has decent acceleration but won't have high insurance/bad MPG. They're also reliable, and good looking trucks. Not too expensive, around 10-16K where I live. To me its a good first car/truck.

Professional Russian
January 1st, 2016, 08:10 AM
PS -
At our age I wouldn't get anything too fast or expensive. For one thing your insurance rates will go through the roof (if they even insure you). You also have gas mileage, and if its poor, you will spend all your money on gas. If you put a different engine in a car, your service costs might go up because your vehicle is using different parts and they may need lots of service. 23K is a lot of money for an engine. I personally am looking for a truck for myself, I am looking at the Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon (2009-2012). I am looking at the 3.7L 5-Cylinder so it has decent acceleration but won't have high insurance/bad MPG. They're also reliable, and good looking trucks. Not too expensive, around 10-16K where I live. To me its a good first car/truck.

Yes listen to this. I've been driving a Chevy 2500 with the 8.1 in it and it has taken all of my money I'm making to keep gas in if. Remember those racing engines were built for performance not mpg so unless you want to put every penny you have into the tank I'd suggest something smaller. Hell its a ford get the 300 straight 6. It's bullet proof and gets good gas mileage. I test drove one(mother fuckers wouldn't take $5000 casg for it....bastards) with a 5 speed behind and it boggied down the road pretty good. It ain't got shit on my 8 1 but for an inline engine of such a small displacement(4.9) it did pretty damn good.

jdhud024
May 2nd, 2016, 04:25 AM
I honestly don't get the cars slammed to the ground. I like ground clearance too much for that. That's why my Ford F250 has a three inch lift. It definitely isn't fast (it only has the 5.4L gas engine and not a Powerstroke Diesel lol), but at least I could clear a speed bump or a leaf without thinking.

Body odah Man
May 2nd, 2016, 04:36 AM
I'd love to drive one of those old Viper cars, in red. Those cars are fast and awesome

jmhg11
June 2nd, 2016, 11:22 PM
dude low blue 1999 Nissan skyline R34 GTR my dream :)

jamie_n5
June 30th, 2016, 08:02 PM
I would like a blue or red truck myself. 4X4

Darkslidex7
July 31st, 2016, 07:01 AM
I was actually looking online for Skyline r34s (probably my fav car) and there are actually ones that aren't too expensive! I remember seeing one at $15k

Periphery
July 31st, 2016, 08:30 AM
If I get my own car it'll probably be an suv. Not one of those big V8 ones with the shitty American engines but an actual car like the Volvo XC60 we have now. Love that thing.

Just JT
July 31st, 2016, 08:48 AM
Love trucks. Only problem is all the full size bigger trucks are made American, and the quality sux. The older style Tocoma I guess has a tendency of being pretty much bulletproof. Suspension lift, off road tires, obviously 4X4, anything else is just...idk, wrong...and you can go pretty much anywhere. Oh, and a stick, no automatic

PlasmaHam
July 31st, 2016, 09:31 PM
Love trucks. Only problem is all the full size bigger trucks are made American, and the quality sux

Heresy I say! Heresy, burn him at the stake!

I don't get the stigma about American heavy duty vehicles. My family has two 10+ year Fords, and they run better than most anything on the road. My truck, a 2000 F-150, is a fun ride and is powerful. But I wouldn't be surprised if F-150s today are far lower in quality than the one I have. Everything is getting so cheap today.

Just JT
July 31st, 2016, 09:45 PM
Heresy I say! Heresy, burn him at the stake!

I don't get the stigma about American heavy duty vehicles. My family has two 10+ year Fords, and they run better than most anything on the road. My truck, a 2000 F-150, is a fun ride and is powerful. But I wouldn't be surprised if F-150s today are far lower in quality than the one I have. Everything is getting so cheap today.

I'm not doubting what you say is true about the trucks you own. The American full size truck market has all the market, nobody else makes trucks like that. So it is what it is. Yeah, I think the newer trucks are built cheap quality. But compare the same weight clas truck to say a Toyota and how long they last in comparison.

xXl0sth0peXx
August 1st, 2016, 11:48 PM
Please do not post in threads that are older than 2 months. :locked: