PDA

View Full Version : Unusual itchy spots

ImagineRepublicCity
November 28th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Hello~

I was just wondering, I've got these random itchy specks which are like, the size of pimples and they're kinda just all over. I have like, 4-ish on each of my limbs ad they're annoying. Please help?
:D

Deleted User
November 28th, 2015, 02:02 PM
First thing I can think of are hives. If you take benadryl or some sort of allergy medication and it clears up, yeah, hives.

Usually they're caused by an allergy, hence the allergy medication, but sometimes they can be caused by any sort of mild irritant that's bothered you in that area. Or they can pop up due to stress. Basically, they like to show up out of nowhere sometimes. The antihistamines in allergy meds though will usually still clear them up or at least relieve the itching sensation.

I know this is a late response but if they're not gone by now or don't leave soon, I'd recommend just asking a parent or maybe a walk-in clinic because hives usually just go away on their own if they're not allergy-related and usually when it's an allergy, you would know because they become more than just annoying and they start to sting rather than itch.

Fiction
December 1st, 2015, 01:53 PM
I get that sort of thing all the time and for me it's an allergic reaction, so like Jo said, you're best off using anti-histamines.

Be careful which antihistamines you get though, older ones can make you very drowsy so aren't really that much use during the day. If this is a continual thing, like it is for me, it may be worth taking one a day anti-histamines. I take cetrizine. Lortradine is another one a day anti-histamine. Talk to your pharmacist though, although both of those are over the counter medicines.