PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in the past

Body odah Man
November 23rd, 2015, 05:35 PM
I ask everyone who reads this thread to plz be so kind as to help me. It's taken me a lot of courage to post this so please help.

As you may or may not know, I've had many issues with hygiene. I've been forced to bathe, been given soap/shower gel and sprayed with perfume by female friends and gotten kind of obssessed with the whole thing (gloat away fellas). Anyway eventually I got better with the whole personal hygiene thing, but, and this is the main issue, I CANNOT GET OVER THE PAST. I still bring up what's happened in conversations, still brood over it, still am kind of insecure and what's even worse, I keep thinking about it. It's consuming me and I can't let it go. If any of u can help me, please do. It's not normal, it's stupid and I hate myself for not being able to let this go. Thank u

Body odah Man
November 24th, 2015, 12:34 PM
hello?

Body odah Man
December 3rd, 2015, 01:14 AM
plz help people

Feraligatr
December 3rd, 2015, 05:41 AM
Let me tell you something. I had a hygiene problem as late as high school. I even had a hygiene goal added to my plan at school. I spend every second period in school doing this dumb hygiene checklist to see if I brushed my hair, bathed, brushed my teeth, etc. The list goes on and on. I f***ing hate this, but I wanted to let you know I can relate to you. I even have to go into the nurse every morning for her to check if my shoes are clean.

You can send me a message if you want to talk, but I can completely relate.

Angelssmile
February 5th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Thanks for having the guts to share.

My roommate bathed in like, once a month. She's one of my best friends. And she stayed my roommate.

So - I'm not judging you.

End of hygiene isn't the end of the world. But have you ever met someone as poor in hygiene as you? Have you smelt the B.O and felt uncomfortable? If you did, you wouldn't need a push. You would change on your own. Don't you respect yourself enough to clean yourself?

Entirely your choice. But the lack of hygiene subconsciously denotes that you are scared of welcoming the new and fresh into your life.

Now regarding the past. Ask yourself, what am I scared of? What's the worst that could happen if I look ahead? Isn't life wonderful? Why do I want to miss out on all the fun future has for me?

azure moonstone
February 5th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Please do not post in threads with more than two months of inactivity. :locked: