PDA

View Full Version : I'm being petty.

Invisible Princess
November 23rd, 2015, 04:43 PM
I'm tired of the circular arguments.
The knocking myself down.
The knowing I'm being stupid.
Feeling like I'm not in control of my emotions.
Feeling like I'm not important.
The knowledge that others suffer more.
That I'm not worthy of these feelings.
I feel ugly, worthless, sad, tired, energy diminished.
Wondering what's wrong.
If something's wrong.
But almost wanting to be scared.
To be broken...

Invisible Princess
November 24th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Please reply with any advice.

Bebdina
November 24th, 2015, 02:59 PM
"You have the power...
to free yourself from revolving situations,
to find your strengths and make them grow.
To ignore your flaws
while you build a stronger You,
...and later face them straight up
and vanquish or minimize them.
For now, know that
your body will always mend itself when broken,
....and while your hear beats,
your power grows...
Let It Grow..."

Dalton_Holt
January 11th, 2016, 06:59 PM
I'm tired of the circular arguments.
The knocking myself down.
The knowing I'm being stupid.
Feeling like I'm not in control of my emotions.
Feeling like I'm not important.
The knowledge that others suffer more.
That I'm not worthy of these feelings.
I feel ugly, worthless, sad, tired, energy diminished.
Wondering what's wrong.
If something's wrong.
But almost wanting to be scared.
To be broken...

What is this, a free verse poem? Just add a steady rhythm, maybe a rhyme scheme, and you got a decent poem. But even as it is it's still free verse, just needs figurative language and stronger words to make it good. The important thing is that it's already got an excellent message.

Speaking of the message, that's the real reason you posted this. I have no idea if you actually meant for it to be a poem, but it reads like one. What I do know is that you are asking for advice/help on this issue you are having. Actually, you seem to have addressed several. But the main one is that you feel that you shouldn't be worrying about these issues when other people are dealing with far worse. People who are starving, poor, sick, homeless, etc. Yet you still complain about your minor issues and worry about yourself, despite feeling guilty for this.

Which only makes matters worse. Not only do you feel sad, but now you feel guilty. Truth is, you don't need to feel guilty. Everyone is this way. Worrying about their own pretty problems, not realizing that they're insignificant compared to suffering others are going through. But you can't find human psychology. This is just how we are. We can't be focused on the rest of the world all the time. And there's something wrong in our own lives, we're not just going to shrug it off and be like "other people have it worse." That wouldn't be good, we wouldn't be able to recognize danger, to recognize anything that might cause us harm (mental or physical).

So if you're feeling sad, worthless, weak, etc., then it sounds like you might have depression. This is a real illness which should be seen no differently from a physical illness. You can't control it, hence "I'm not in control of my emotions." There doesn't even have to be a reason in your life for you to feel this way, you could have a good life yet have depression. I have no idea what your situation is, but I do know that none of this is your fault, and you don't need to feel guilty.

So my advice? Same as anyone else's. Seek help. If you were experiencing chronic migraines would you just blow it off and not go to a doctor? If you break your arm would you not go to a doctor and get it put in a cast? Like I said, mental illness should be seen no differently from physical illnesses. So if you think you might have depression, go to a psychologist. For all I know you could have already done this, in which case, stay with it. It can only help you.