PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong?

Invisible Princess
November 23rd, 2015, 02:47 AM
I'm not trying to sound big headed in this post. Only to state facts an issues. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

The would be a lie if I said I wasn't intelligent, im not a child genius but I'd say I was lucky in terms of how easy I've found school in general.
But when it comes to tests, and I get results back even if they're good I always find the flaws.

I also have always found it hard to not get upset and cry even at the smallest and silliest things. Even if I know there's nothing to be upset about I just can't help it. The feeling just overcomes me.

There are other things I Indiana hard like letting go of things that have been said, I relive the moments over and over. At the moment I find it hard to concentrate at college (I'm 17 and from England by the way) and I just feel down and lacking in energy a lot of the time.

I don't know if this is a serious problem as it has happened to me a few times before and been bad and then sorted itself out. I'm just curious to get some other people's opinions and advice. Thanks...

Uniquemind
November 23rd, 2015, 04:39 AM
This is indicative of having such a strong pent toward perfectionism that you trigger anxiety problems.

Having that strong emotional drive to always push yourself is admirable, but not at the detriment of your health and happiness.

Accept the things you can control, forgive yourself for what you cannot control. Test score results and flaws are not things you can fix, instead of anger or frustration, change perspective into self-analyzation and figure out how to improve study habits to continually get better in the future.

Cut off the self-analysis or guilt right there.

Then go celebrate what you did achieve.

Rinse and repeat.

In regards to reliving or replaying moments in your head in a loop; that's called perseveration. It's actually a behavior trait associated with autistic spectrum disorder. Especially if you feel like getting your mind stuck on events or thoughts in a continual loop, happens a lot for you, you might want to consider visiting a psychologist to see if you are on the spectrum.
(And it's not a bad thing if you are on the spectrum btw).

Invisible Princess
November 23rd, 2015, 05:22 AM
In regards to reliving or replaying moments in your head in a loop; that's called perseveration. It's actually a behavior trait associated with autistic spectrum disorder. Especially if you feel like getting your mind stuck on events or thoughts in a continual loop, happens a lot for you, you might want to consider visiting a psychologist to see if you are on the spectrum.
(And it's not a bad thing if you are on the spectrum btw).[/QUOTE]

It's not so much replaying it in that way. It's more like not being able to forget or let go of things that have been said, or that I've done. That's what makes me upset as I dwell on negative experiences.

But thank you so much for your reply.