PDA

View Full Version : Why Do I Feel Nauseous After Drinking Coffee?

CupcakeLuv101
November 22nd, 2015, 12:33 AM
First of all, I feel like this might be placed in the wrong forum and if it is please move it, thanks :)

Okay so I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not but why is it that every time I drink coffee and any type of coffee I get really nauseous even drinking as little as half a cup. Like I would start to feel a bit dizzy and my stomach would hurt and be gassy a bit and it's just that feeling like you kind of want to throw up but at the same time you don't.

Please help, I love coffee I love Starbucks I don't want to give up coffee for the rest of my life just because I was born with such misery torture of not being able to injest coffee :(:(

Bontigo Papi .
November 22nd, 2015, 04:50 AM
You probz have a shit lol.

If not, I guess you have a weird reaction with an ingredient in the coffee.

Hudor
November 22nd, 2015, 09:45 AM
I get nauseous drinking black coffee especially if it's strong. As far as i know my body is supposedly allergic to it.

NZPerson
November 24th, 2015, 06:51 PM
I doubt it will be the coffee itself becasue milk in it is far more likely however caffeine intolerances are existant, my recommendation is to not stop drinking and to tough through it becasue you can actually break intolerances (intolerances are diffrnt to alergies) so have it often in small ammounts but not large ammounts because you dont want to do damage but its up to you and how you want to go about it.

Judean Zealot
November 26th, 2015, 08:57 PM
I have the same thing. So instead I drink tea. :)

CupcakeLuv101
November 28th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I have the same thing. So instead I drink tea. :)

I don't like tea as much :(

Judean Zealot
November 28th, 2015, 06:20 PM
I don't like tea as much :(

It's possible that you get used to it after some time. That's what I've been told, anyways.

SethfromMI
November 28th, 2015, 07:39 PM
there are a lot of possible factors which why coffee would make you nauseous. if it does so, I would find something else to drink

Bubbawhack
November 28th, 2015, 08:17 PM
Caffeine has varying effects on people, try having caffeinated tea to see if it is the caffeine in the coffee or something else...

Cognizant
December 7th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Everyone reacts differently to the caffeine and acidity of coffee. I never drink coffee anymore because it fuels my IBS symptoms.
Or if you're nauseous after drinking a latte or some other coffee drink made with milk, maybe you're lactose intolerant?

ImCoolBeans
December 8th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Drinking coffee on an empty stomach can (will) make you queezy/give you an upset stomach.

Falcons_11
December 9th, 2015, 04:43 PM
If I drink a lot of coffee I don't get nauseous. I just have to pee a lot.

tovaris
January 10th, 2016, 12:40 PM
I many people seem to have this, including my mon and grandma, yust dont drink coffe. no problem

GreenSky
January 11th, 2016, 04:14 AM
I get nauseous drinking black coffee if it's strong.

audiophile5
February 1st, 2016, 05:40 AM
First of all, I feel like this might be placed in the wrong forum and if it is please move it, thanks :)

Okay so I'm not sure if I'm the only one or not but why is it that every time I drink coffee and any type of coffee I get really nauseous even drinking as little as half a cup. Like I would start to feel a bit dizzy and my stomach would hurt and be gassy a bit and it's just that feeling like you kind of want to throw up but at the same time you don't.

Please help, I love coffee I love Starbucks I don't want to give up coffee for the rest of my life just because I was born with such misery torture of not being able to injest coffee :(:(

You said you love Starbucks - have you tried drinking simple, black coffee to see how you feel? Maybe caffeine does make you dizzy, but maybe it's something else, especially since starbucks beverages usually contain other things too. I don't know, I'd try an espresso or something just to see if it has the same effect and go from there.

(this applies of course only if you buy lattes or stuff like that from starbucks - if you drink simple, black coffee, then yeah, it's probably caffeine)

CupcakeLuv101
February 4th, 2016, 09:59 PM
You said you love Starbucks - have you tried drinking simple, black coffee to see how you feel? Maybe caffeine does make you dizzy, but maybe it's something else, especially since starbucks beverages usually contain other things too. I don't know, I'd try an espresso or something just to see if it has the same effect and go from there.

(this applies of course only if you buy lattes or stuff like that from starbucks - if you drink simple, black coffee, then yeah, it's probably caffeine)

I don't really like black coffee haha but I've still tried it and I still don't feel well after drinking it. And I don't always drink lattes from Starbucks, sometimes I do, but I usually drink regular coffee with added cream and sugar (not from Starbucks)

Kelsey1031
March 5th, 2016, 11:04 AM
Coffee has a lot of caffeine, which too much could make you feel a bit dizzy. You can try drinking half-caf or decaf coffee which might reduce the dizziness. The other thing with coffee is it's also very acidic. There are acids in your stomach which help to digest your food, so your Your nauseousness could be a result from the PH being too high in your stomach (too much acid) try eating something non acidic with your coffee to help balance out the PH.