PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalization

Tendencies
November 21st, 2015, 05:04 PM
I have been having this feeling of living in a dreamlike state and it has been going on for almost two months now and it has been truly wearing on me and I do not know what to do about it. I believe it was induced from smoking weed, which has made me avoid it at all costs for now and forever, and it has caused me to have numerous panic attacks, urges to self harm, and suicidal thoughts. It seems to get worse when I have bad anxiety but I feel like I am running out of options. I have researched it immensely and I know that nothing bad is really happening and that my brain is just on "lock-down" or "defense mode" but I need some way out of this. If anyone has any advice or has felt this before, please please please post, I don't know how much longer I can take this.

thatgothgirluknow
November 30th, 2015, 10:26 AM
i wish i could say there was an easy way to stop it but you just gotta wait it out for me it lasted a few months then i was fine i think sage helped a little for me because it has a strong sent that helped to ground me

Dalton_Holt
December 19th, 2015, 12:14 AM
I don't know if I've seen you post this before (this is a new account, I lost my old one) but I recall hearing someone say that they think they got depersonalization from smoking weed. Not sure if that's true, but this is the second time I've heard this. Anyway, I too experience depersonalization, but honestly I find it oddly satisfying. I feel I'm just aware of the how fake reality is, and really I just want to escape it. It's that urge to escape the world that is partly why I have depersonalization. Also greatly due to my anxiety and constant worry, and the fact that I often ponder on the meaning of life and reality (which always triggers an intense episode.) Usually when I don't think about whatever is worrying me the depersonalization goes away. I never can do this willfully it's just during these moments that it goes away. So I think what you need to do is deal with whatever is giving you anxiety. Not an easy thing to do, I know. So you'd probably want to talk to a psychiatrist if it really effects you bad enough.