PDA

View Full Version : Adoption, abortion, or keeping the baby

MeliWelli
November 18th, 2015, 01:56 AM
Had a pregnancy scare. I wasn't but it made me think about what I would do... If you were to get pregnant what would you do? There's no judgement, just curious. Right now if I did I think I would have to have an abortion.

Shiny Moon
November 18th, 2015, 06:35 AM
I would keep it. Yeah a baby right now would probably fuck up my life but I would do it anyway. It would be my responsability for getting pregnant in the first place. I'm well aware of the risk of having sex (be it unprotected or not).

I don't like the idea of abortion, unless the pregnancy is the result of rape.

Taryn98
November 18th, 2015, 07:00 AM
I agree with Savannah. Getting pregnant would be terrible at this point in life, but I take responsibility for my actions and don't think killing a baby is right for me. I do support abortion for others. People have to make their own choices, but personally think it's wrong.

MeliWelli
November 18th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Thanks Taryn, Thanks Savannah

RainbowLove
November 18th, 2015, 06:15 PM
I'd keep the kid, don't get me wrong I'm totally pro-choice, but me... I couldn't do the abortion thing :( I'd always wonder what could have been...

AnnaBeesley
November 18th, 2015, 08:22 PM
I'm keeping mine, it was a shock when I found out, but I'd never have an abortion. I'm due in February.

LITTLEANGEL17
November 19th, 2015, 02:12 AM
I'm keeping mine, it was a shock when I found out, but I'd never have an abortion. I'm due in February.

Hiya hope all goes well for you and baby Anna :) XX

livelearnlaugh
November 19th, 2015, 06:54 AM

Admire your courage Anna! You'll make a great mum :)

AnnaBeesley
November 19th, 2015, 10:26 AM
Thank you very much both of you!

MeliWelli
November 19th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Best Wishes Anna! Hope you get all the support you need.

himmypop
November 19th, 2015, 03:17 PM
I don't care if i have a baby i will keep him/her, i always wanted a child.

nicole97
November 19th, 2015, 04:52 PM
I'm pro-choice and do believe largely in the right to choose. That being said, on a personal level, it's not something that I could go through with. There are some people who I think it might really be best choice for, but I'm personally lucky enough to be in a position where I know I would have a good support system if that situation ever came about.

AnnaBeesley
November 19th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Thanks Melissa

Soapie
November 19th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Don't hate me but I don't think I could keep it. With that, once it's inside you and growing I'm sure that would be a very hard thing to do.

CupcakeLuv101
November 21st, 2015, 09:00 PM
Had a pregnancy scare. I wasn't but it made me think about what I would do... If you were to get pregnant what would you do? There's no judgement, just curious. Right now if I did I think I would have to have an abortion.

My mom got pregnant with me by ACCIDENT when she was still in college. It's a long story exactly what happened but...
Yeah so my grandparents from my dad's side got really mad at my parents because they didn't have money, or a job, weren't even married, couldn't afford to have me so they yelled at them and told them to have an abortion
But my grandparents from my mom's side -- of course they were upset for the same reason but they were religious people who were against abortion so they told my parents to just have me and that was that. They are Christians btw and they don't believe in abortion because they believe "every baby is like a gift from God" and thought it was wrong to take back.

And so that's how I ended up here :)
SOMETIMES I WISH I WAS ABORTED CUZ I HATE LIFE AND HATE SCHOOL HAHA :( But at the same time I thank God because he's the one who kept me in this world I could've been GONE just like THAT.

CupcakeLuv101
November 21st, 2015, 09:08 PM
And then to answer your question, I'm currently (almost) 16 years old. If I were to accidently get pregnant right now like my mom did (READ ABOVE) I would still keep it. Not because of what happened to me but mostly because (like my grandparents on my mom side) I am a Christian. No need to go further than that, right? I know it may be really bad when you're a teen still (especially if you're still growing) it can actually be very dangerous and risky because of being too young but I figured that I would deal with it anyway.

However I'm pretty sure I won't get pregnant anytime soon lmao, I'm still a virgin, don't have boyfriends yet, etc.

Fiction
November 22nd, 2015, 07:54 AM
I wanted a baby for so long with my ex, and we where kind of planning to try for a baby as soon as we where both in secure jobs (Which considering both our degrees finish in about 6 months could have been the not-so-distant future), so obviously if i'd got accidentally pregnant with him, i'd have kept it.

However...

Then me and my ex broke up after 4 years together, my best friend had a baby and I saw the effect it's had on her life as much as she loves her son to bits, and I realised it just wouldn't be right for me. I'd have no qualms having an abortion now, it is just a small mass of cells, it's not a baby to me.

Suppose the point i'm trying to make is it would depend on a lot of factors, more than just being at this time in my life. If I had been in a long-lasting relationship, I wouldn't have done. If I got pregnant now well... Since there'd be a small amount of doubt of the father for a start that'd make things incredibly awkward!

Jordan99
November 22nd, 2015, 12:06 PM
I would keep it. Yeah a baby right now would probably fuck up my life but I would do it anyway. It would be my responsability for getting pregnant in the first place. I'm well aware of the risk of having sex (be it unprotected or not).

This. And I very much respect Savannah for having this outlook especially at 15 years old.

Jordan99
November 22nd, 2015, 12:13 PM
I agree with Savannah. Getting pregnant would be terrible at this point in life, but I take responsibility for my actions and don't think killing a baby is right for me. I do support abortion for others. People have to make their own choices, but personally think it's wrong.

Taryn,

I agree with your stance on taking responsibility for one's actions but how can you possibly hold such opposing positions that abortion is wrong (it is killing a baby) but that you "support abortion for others"? If you feel it is wrong and in fact it is "killing a baby" how can it be right for others? Just curious about your logic. I personally feel abortion is acceptable if the pregnancy was caused by rape, incest or if the child will be so horribly ill or disfigured that his or her quality of life will be grossly affected.

angelina
November 25th, 2015, 11:19 AM
very apt and i agree with you...
when you readily accept the making up, why are you shying away from pregnancy?

Deleted User
November 25th, 2015, 11:34 AM
Taryn,

I agree with your stance on taking responsibility for one's actions but how can you possibly hold such opposing positions that abortion is wrong (it is killing a baby) but that you "support abortion for others"? If you feel it is wrong and in fact it is "killing a baby" how can it be right for others? Just curious about your logic. I personally feel abortion is acceptable if the pregnancy was caused by rape, incest or if the child will be so horribly ill or disfigured that his or her quality of life will be grossly affected.

Because she probably has a good grasp on the fact that her beliefs and the beliefs of others differ and what she believes is right for her is not right for necessarily everyone else.

That said, I do not ever want children. So I'd be perfectly comfortable, if glad, to have an abortion. On the bright side, being not very sexually inclined in the first place and being gay, it's unlikely I'd need to but it's not like I've never thought about it. An embryo is not a baby. A fetus is still not a sentient, fully-formed baby. They are cells. You're "killing" the blob-like equivalent of your skin cells when you scratch an itch.

Kirina
November 25th, 2015, 12:43 PM
I would keep it. Yeah a baby right now would probably fuck up my life but I would do it anyway. It would be my responsability for getting pregnant in the first place.ok stop right there. Your talking about how it is irresponsible of you to get pregnant and that getting pregnant will fuck your life up, also if your life is fucked up that doesn't look to be in the interest of the baby.

Back to being responsible, you failed the first time by getting pregnant. Don't fail again, be responsible, get an abortion. Don't put a baby into this world if it means (a) the baby will be miserable with you, (b) it will not grow up with it's birthmother, (c) it will fuck your life up.