PDA

View Full Version : She just tried to kill herself

MadManic
November 15th, 2015, 04:51 PM
my best friend tried to kill herself last night. I'm so lost. she overdosed on a lot of mixed pills and drank an entire bottle of cough syrup. I showed up to help and her dad told me I was welcome to leave. I don't know what to do. I'm tired. I already have so any of my own problems and this is sending me spinning downwards. I can't do it

SethfromMI
November 15th, 2015, 05:16 PM
I am so sorry for what happened to you :(. but take a deep breathe. talk to someone or do whatever you can and need to do, but don't make any rash choices of your own, it won't solve anything

Uniquemind
November 16th, 2015, 03:47 AM
my best friend tried to kill herself last night. I'm so lost. she overdosed on a lot of mixed pills and drank an entire bottle of cough syrup. I showed up to help and her dad told me I was welcome to leave. I don't know what to do. I'm tired. I already have so any of my own problems and this is sending me spinning downwards. I can't do it

How did your best friend's dad say that?

Was he worried you'd get sucked into the emotional pit too or was he being possessively rude and pushing you away?

Either way that sucks, best thing to do sometimes is distance though, and keep on living especially after the tragedy that happened these last few days, dealing with sadness sometimes means being walled off and dialing down sympathy and empathy so you can function and dutifully proceed to live.