PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts-too old?

Ratman1234
November 15th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Hi. So when I was like 7 or something I was going to start doing karate but I wimped out and didn't end up doing it. Today at 14 i really regret that decision and I want to start doing some kind of martial arts such as karate or taewkwondo. But the problem is am I too old to start. And I also don't really like the idea of being in a class with loads of little kids (that must sound really mean but I'm not trying to be). Also does it take loads of commitment like do I need to practise alot cos I do a lot of stuff in the week. And finally for those who do some kind of martial arts; which would you recommend?Thanks!

SethfromMI
November 15th, 2015, 11:02 AM
It takes a lot of commitment. it is very possible you can find adult classes, look around and see what they offer

Sailor Mars
November 15th, 2015, 11:09 AM
You should definitely get info Kung fu of you want to start more "mature" martial arts. Not saying that karate and all the subdivisions of karate aren't mature, but they're usually looked down upon as more kiddish and stuff.

Vocabulous
November 20th, 2015, 01:00 AM
I'm suprised they don't offer adult beginners classes, but you might find more mature classes with less traditional/more sport style martial arts like judo, BJJ, or mush Thai.

KeeganW
November 29th, 2015, 11:30 AM
you should be able to find classes, theres adults that do it too

NeuroTiger
November 29th, 2015, 11:48 AM
No you aren't too old. There are people who started doing martial arts maybe at age 17 and are now black belts in MMA.