PDA

View Full Version : Most beautiful moment of my life

City Kid
November 15th, 2015, 09:10 AM
So yesterday I was at the Impericon Never Say Die tour in my city. There were 6 bands, and one of them was Being As An Ocean.

At one point right in the middle of the show the singer stopped and stood right in front of the audience. He was less than a meter away from me. He started talking about how many of his fans liked their music because of the lyrics (which often deal with things like depression, suicide and such) and how they help them through dark times. He then asked that the lights were turned off.

Everyone was silent while he said: "In this darkness, where no one can see you, where we're all the same, I ask you to put a light up for those of us who may be struggling right now. Struggling with things like depression, suicide, self harm."

Suddenly the room was filled with light again. Nearly everyone held their lighters or phones in the air. He had a little speech about how we just had to look around to see that we're not alone. How asking for help doesn't make you weak, but is a sign of bravery. I was next to crying, and I definitely wasn't the only one.

JavierDolan
November 15th, 2015, 09:13 AM
That's beautiful. I think it's pretty fucking amazing when people go out of their way to do things like that, it truly gives me hope that one day the world will finally understand depression or anxiety etc. and not treated like something that should be ignored

Microcosm
November 17th, 2015, 02:02 AM
That's actually a really great way to show that people aren't alone. It's clever and thoughtful. I like it.

Sheilae
November 17th, 2015, 04:40 AM
Amazing ♡

Bontigo Papi .
November 20th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Wow, I would have burst out of tears too...

Paraxiom
November 22nd, 2015, 05:26 PM
Should be done more, it's an amazing idea

Crescent-moon07
April 27th, 2016, 09:45 PM
that was just complete amazingness! I'm glad you saw that special moment!

Living For Love
April 28th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Please don't bump old threads. :locked: