PDA

View Full Version : Overdose

Babs
November 13th, 2015, 08:27 PM
So I took a 10 fioricets, which comes to 250 mg of butalbital isn't wnbSo I gotta question. I took a nap and when i woke up I was vomitinf profusely, I had little balance also issues and nauseous. In your option was tha a minor overdose or and was I sick? Only thing I never get sick. Can uwe u even overdose on fioricet?

phuckphace
November 13th, 2015, 09:36 PM
you're definitely typing like somebody who just OD'd.

Fioricet has acetaminophen (Tylenol) in it, so you're in a more immediate danger of liver and kidney damage from that.

The first signs of an acetaminophen overdose include loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, sweating, and confusion or weakness. Later symptoms may include pain in your upper stomach, dark urine, and yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes.

Overdose symptoms may also include insomnia, restlessness, tremor, diarrhea, increased shallow breathing, uneven heartbeats, seizure (convulsions), or fainting.

you'd better haul yourself to the doc.

Babs
November 14th, 2015, 12:40 PM
hey yall I'm fine. Puked my guts out but fine now.

Learned my lesson: don't take 10 fioricets. Even though I've taken more acetaminophen in one sitting with no problem, I learned my lesson.

StoppingTom
November 14th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Thank goodness you're okay at least.

Why'd you take ten? Not judging, just wondering.

Babs
November 14th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Thank goodness you're okay at least.

Why'd you take ten? Not judging, just wondering.

Well because butalbital is sometimes used for recreational purposes. A while back I took a little less and was fine and had a good time. I guess I wanted to push the envelope a bit.

phuckphace
November 14th, 2015, 01:08 PM
yeah the Tylenol in it puts a hard limit on the amount you can do before you end up with liver damage. you really shouldn't take more than 500mg acetaminophen at once, it can actually be way more acutely dangerous than the butalbital high.

this is actually why the FDA put a max limit of 325mg Tylenol per tablet for hydrocodone, since people were popping a bunch of them to get high and then dying of liver failure.

Babs
November 14th, 2015, 01:10 PM
yeah the Tylenol in it puts a hard limit on the amount you can do before you end up with liver damage. you really shouldn't take more than 500mg acetaminophen at once, it can actually be way more acutely dangerous than the butalbital high.

this is actually why the FDA put a max limit of 325mg Tylenol per tablet for hydrocodone, since people were popping a bunch of them to get high and then dying of liver failure.

Yep, I've learned that the hard way.

Take the recommended dose, kids. Also, don't get high with shit with Tylenol in it.

StoppingTom
November 14th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Well because butalbital is sometimes used for recreational purposes. A while back I took a little less and was fine and had a good time. I guess I wanted to push the envelope a bit.

Ah, alright, didn't know that was a thing.

phuckphace
November 14th, 2015, 01:18 PM
moral of the story: 420 blaze it (jk don't do that it's illegal)