PDA

View Full Version : Liking photos and images on VMs

Shiny Moon
November 13th, 2015, 05:57 AM
Hi staff,

I have thought about a couple of features that it would be nice to have.

-Being able to "like" photos on the users' albums. You know, ala Facebook. I think it's cool and many people would use it, and considering it's possible to like messages on the forum, I don't see a reason to not use it on the albums.

-Use images on visitor messages. I don't know why it's not possible, since again you can do it on the forum and over PM.

That's it :)

Miserabilia
November 16th, 2015, 01:58 PM
I second this.

The first one seems like a great idea, not sure about the second one though, feels like VM would get spammed/filled up pretty quick if people can just send photos.

azure moonstone
November 16th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I do like the first idea - don't know if there is something we can add as a mod to allow likes on album pictures, though.

I don't think sending pics through VM is a great idea, though. After 250 posts and three months, members don't have their VMs moderated by staff anymore - there a very high chance that inappropriate photos can be sent/shared and no one know about it unless its stumbled upon by a staff member, or reported by someone else. You guys do a great job of reporting things, and it's very much appreciated...but I don't know if it's worth that risk.

lacey02
November 16th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Hi staff,

I have thought about a couple of features that it would be nice to have.

-Being able to "like" photos on the users' albums. You know, ala Facebook. I think it's cool and many people would use it, and considering it's possible to like messages on the forum, I don't see a reason to not use it on the albums.

-Use images on visitor messages. I don't know why it's not possible, since again you can do it on the forum and over PM.

That's it :)

Great Ideas!

Shiny Moon
November 18th, 2015, 06:19 AM
I don't think sending pics through VM is a great idea, though. After 250 posts and three months, members don't have their VMs moderated by staff anymore - there a very high chance that inappropriate photos can be sent/shared and no one know about it unless its stumbled upon by a staff member, or reported by someone else. You guys do a great job of reporting things, and it's very much appreciated...but I don't know if it's worth that risk.

That's a good point :yes:

Uranus
November 18th, 2015, 04:40 PM
I like the idea as well, but i do have to agree with Allison. Sending photos could be risky (for obvious reasons) and even though there's alot of users who could report it, how many actually will? And for the staff, which is fairly limited, who are already busy with non virtual personal things in their life, school, ect and more responsibilities on VT, it could be risky.

As one staff member told me, (or maybe I read it on a post but the point remains)
That liking posts in p101, is disabled due to pervy posts or sexualized ones where opposite genders can like said posts, which isn't contributing to VT whatsoever as this is a help site, not a hookup site. The same point can go towards photos in albums. If there's a rather sexual pic (such as a bikini) guys will probably spam the like button.

Just my opinion

xXl0sth0peXx
November 18th, 2015, 09:26 PM
On the topic of liking images, I don't know. I see it as a no for reasons along the same lines of why it's not allowed in P101. But I also see it as something beneficial, might stop comments or some things, etc. I don't know how I feel about, and it's honestly something that would need to be discussed on a larger scale by the entire staff. HOWEVER, I don't think such mod actually exists (which is sort of surprising actually; someone can feel free to correct me on this if need be), so I don't think it's possible.

As for the photos in VMs, I think from a moderation standpoint, it's asking for a lot of trouble, and I don't have anything else to add that wasn't said above. I think Emerald Dream's post summed it up well.