PDA

View Full Version : Why is Tylenol so nasty.

himmypop
November 12th, 2015, 04:12 PM
So, you know the period cramps and all, or headaches, or other SEVERE pains.
The med, tastes nasty, Is there a ingredient that makes it taste that way, or does it vary from person to person?
Thanks for reading and help needed

Babs
November 12th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Flavor isn't a top priority with medication. Medication has chemicals in it, so it's not always gonna taste pleasant. Some people are more sensitive to tastes than others. If I have Tylenol sitting on my mouth for too long, it starts to dissolve and I can't even swallow it because of the texture and the taste.

Period cramp relief outweighs the unpleasant taste, imo, so I just try to get it down fast. It's not a big deal. It's a pill, they all taste like shit.

phuckphace
November 13th, 2015, 10:00 AM
you can buy orange- or grape-flavored chewable tablets that actually taste somewhat decent, kinda like a Smarties candy. they're usually meant for kids so they'll be low dose like 80 - 100mg acetaminophen or ibuprofen per tablet, so you might have to chew abouit four of them to get enough pain-killin' going.

Hermes
December 24th, 2015, 06:54 PM
It may even be deliberate. Paediatric medicines are often sweetened to maximise the chance of the child taking it whereas it may be seen as an advantage if adult medicines taste bitter and thus any child who mistook them for sweets or drink would immediately spit them out.

If you have the option of tablet or capsules rather than suspension you are less likely to taste it and wash down with plenty of water or another drink or your choice to mask the flavour.

Silly Ninja
December 25th, 2015, 12:51 AM
I take a drink first, then pop the pills in my mouth and swallow. No medicine taste at all.