PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in a rut

TheCabbage
November 8th, 2015, 07:24 PM
So, last year I had a group of (what I thought were) great friends. Skip forward 12 months and they've practically all gone.

I ended up getting in an argument with what was my best friend in May and then everything turned to shit. They all knew something was up but didn't know what yet they all just abandoned me for him anyway, so I was completely alone all summer and predictably got very down over that.

My 'best' friend said he felt really guilty about it all but he won't do anything with me or try to fix anything. They all just take the piss out of me in their little circle and I'm just stuck alone again. I haven't done anything with people outside my family in god knows how long. My cousin tries to help and fit me in with stuff but she lives relatively far away.

Because of all this I just constantly feel miserable and anxious and I'm so sick of not being able to do anything and just being constantly alone. It culminated last night when I messaged four different people for a conversation but they were all out doing stuff with their Saturday night whilst I'm stuck doing nothing at all just thinking where the fuck did it all go wrong. I'm sick of this damn feeling too. It's becoming a part of who I am and I hate it, I don't want it to at all.

Then I just think that other people have it worse than me so I shouldn't be complaining and certainly shouldn't feel the way I do. It makes me feel so selfish and I hate that.

I don't even know if this is the right sub-forum so I'm sorry if I put it in the wrong place.

Just JT
November 8th, 2015, 09:20 PM
Well, can I ask about what happened that caused all of your friends to abandon you like that?

TheCabbage
November 9th, 2015, 02:23 AM
I couldn't tell you in any detail as I don't really know myself. The only thing I can think of was that argument which in itself was quite big but it wasn't big enough to cause that. It also wasn't something that had anything to do with them.

Uniquemind
November 9th, 2015, 09:55 PM
I couldn't tell you in any detail as I don't really know myself. The only thing I can think of was that argument which in itself was quite big but it wasn't big enough to cause that. It also wasn't something that had anything to do with them.

Could be the result of a nasty rumor, and they're putting social distance between themselves and you.

Could be that someone is spreading a rumor about you because they're jealous of how close you could be to a girl, whom they secretly want.

The reasons this is happening are many.

Just shrug it off and move on, being solo isn't so bad.

I have friends, but because I see the world in a very special way, I feel alone a lot of the time. I can't share my full personality with people.