PDA

View Full Version : My father

City Kid
November 8th, 2015, 03:12 PM
I feel like a complete knobhead for posting here because so many of you have experienced things WAY worse than what happened to me. But I just realized something I wanna get off my chest, so I'm just gonna go ahead.

Ever since my puberty started my dad has been giving me "compliments" on things I really don't want him to compliment me on. Like saying if he was younger he'd go out with me, or simply complimenting on my breast or butt size.
He also sometimes spanked my butt in a sexual way.

Literally every time things like that happened I told him to stop doing/saying those things. But he never stopped.

I never put much thought into all this since it didn't traumatize me or anything. It mostly just had an impact on my relationship with my dad. It makes me like him even less than I already did.

Can somebody please tell me if I'm overreacting?

Cadanance00
November 11th, 2015, 11:31 AM
I don't think you're overreacting. It must be uncomfortable as hell and it's certainly inappropriate.

If you want to patch things up with him, you could bluntly tell him that you don't like him doing it and that it does make you like him less - and do it at a time when it's not a reaction to his doing something so he can't discount it as a comeback.

If you don't, you'll soon be out of there so just wait for your time.

Shiny Moon
November 11th, 2015, 02:12 PM
You're not overreacting, and I would probably react the same way as you if my dad touched me that much.

You should sit down with him and talk about it.
Btw, do you live only with your dad? Or is your mom around?

AutumnWinds
November 11th, 2015, 02:21 PM
i don't think you're overreacting. can you ask your mom to help you out here? if not can you tell your dad that if he doesn't stop you're gonna tell someone, maybe? it;s not right that he ignores your requests to stop.

I feel like a complete knobhead for posting here because so many of you have experienced things WAY worse than what happened to me. But I just realized something I wanna get off my chest, so I'm just gonna go ahead.

Ever since my puberty started my dad has been giving me "compliments" on things I really don't want him to compliment me on. Like saying if he was younger he'd go out with me, or simply complimenting on my breast or butt size.
He also sometimes spanked my butt in a sexual way.

Literally every time things like that happened I told him to stop doing/saying those things. But he never stopped.

I never put much thought into all this since it didn't traumatize me or anything. It mostly just had an impact on my relationship with my dad. It makes me like him even less than I already did.

Can somebody please tell me if I'm overreacting?

Just JT
November 11th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I think your getting some good advise here. Dad need to be reminded that no means no. I know it's hard, but you need to set some firm but gentle and kind limits here. He need to stop. You need to let him know these interactions are making you feel very I comfortable, and tell him why. If he persists I'd talk to someone who can offer more guidance fe than advise here.

CupcakeLuv101
November 12th, 2015, 10:07 PM
You are not overreacting. What your father is doing to you is wrong. The fact that you asked him politely to stop and with him not listening is completely wrong. You need to report this to a school guidance counselor or any other trusted adult you know. This sounds like abuse to me.

sabbi
December 31st, 2015, 04:28 AM
As other posters have mentioned if your mum's about tell her or some other close relative.