PDA

View Full Version : what can I do?

dauntless
November 6th, 2015, 04:42 PM
So lately, I noticed I've been way too anxious for everything. Just the idea of having to pass another exam scares the shit out of me, and hours before any exam, I sweat excessively and have a weirdly high heart rate just before, even if sometimes I end up worrying for nothing amd getting a good mark. It's getting out of control amd now it's not only exams, sometimes social situations like talking to the guy I like get my breath heavy and the same symptoms, but literally, there's nothing to be worried about and I only realize that hours after what's happening. What should I do? Is there anything I can do to get calmed immediately?

Miserabilia
November 16th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Hey I can definetely relate. Sounds like you are having anxiety isseues. The simple things to do are to distract yourself or put pressure of yourself somehow, like taking some time off to relax once in a while.
If it's a permanent issue it is possible to get medication, but since it sounds like your anxiety is caused by exam stress it's proabbly just best to take a day off and chill.

lacey02
November 16th, 2015, 06:12 PM
counseling and yoga!

CupcakeLuv101
November 22nd, 2015, 12:25 AM
So lately, I noticed I've been way too anxious for everything. Just the idea of having to pass another exam scares the shit out of me, and hours before any exam, I sweat excessively and have a weirdly high heart rate just before, even if sometimes I end up worrying for nothing amd getting a good mark. It's getting out of control amd now it's not only exams, sometimes social situations like talking to the guy I like get my breath heavy and the same symptoms, but literally, there's nothing to be worried about and I only realize that hours after what's happening. What should I do? Is there anything I can do to get calmed immediately?

What exactly is it that's making you anxious about an exam? Would it possibly be because you feel like you didn't study enough? Or maybe you think you don't understand the information enough?
Maybe next time if there's an upcoming test or exam, try to know exactly what's going to be on the exam and study EVERYTHING about that topic. Understanding every bit of material might help to make you feel more confident about the exam and may take away some anxiety that you feel.

And about talking to the guy you like, I can totally relate to that. My advice to you is to just do it. That's what I do and then I realize it wasn't so bad after all and then I feel stupid for worrying about nothing :)