PDA

View Full Version : Identifying STIs

MeliWelli
November 5th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Recently had an experience that made me really aware of the fact that I don't know all the signs of different STIs or STDs. Have seen what you can get through sex ed, but cant immediately identify if someone has picked up something. Thankfully everything is good, but was wondering honestly how many girls here know what to look for or how to identify if they, or someone else has something? Do you always have safe sex, even when its oral when you are first doing it with someone? How long before you stop worrying about protection? Realize not every disease will show up as soon as someone gets it of course.

SkyClad33605
November 6th, 2015, 11:51 PM
This is a bit of the problem...you can't tell by looking. In most cases.

Unless someone has red bumps, or sores, or it has a foul smell, or it's oozing, you really can't be for sure. But for the most part someone could have something and not be showing symptoms.

If you suspect you have something you should see a doctor. This is why Planned Parenthood is so important for us. They offer the best health care of this type for women. They never judge or make you feel bad. And they are discrete.

I know that I should always use a dental dam for oral sex, but I almost never do. It's risky and foolish. I've been lucky so far.

MeliWelli
November 17th, 2015, 09:04 PM
Thanks Willow. Hope you are doing great.