PDA

View Full Version : needing help

Bsmith_90
October 31st, 2015, 08:45 AM
so basically, ive been to 4 doctors so far because of some mental health issues i have. I was originally referred to a psychologist by my GP for anxiety, low mood and mood swings, but since then i've kinda been passed around from psychologist to psychologist and none of them can tell me whats wrong with me.

Based off my symptoms, ive so far been told i have:
social anxiety
generalized anxiety
autism
adjustment disorder
bipolar (which apparently they wanna wait before saying to be 100% sure so they haven't officially diagnosed me with bipolar)

each psychologist disagrees with what the last one said so i'm back to square one with finding out whats wrong with me, which would give me peace of mind.

Also over the past few months, ive started to hear voices. When they first started they were very quiet and far between. But as time has gone by they have started to become louder, clearer (not to the point where i can make out what they're saying) and more frequent.

So what I'm basically asking is, does anyone on here have any possible idea what could be wrong with me? i know you'll probably tell me to go talk to my doctors about it but they aren't any help at all when it comes to understanding whats wrong. Plus i know a lot of people here have gone through similar problems so i figured they can give me some advice

MattyMattyy
December 1st, 2015, 05:59 PM
Hey, I know the thread is about 1-month-old but I can't stand it when people don't get a reply. I'm not an expert in this thing but I'm hoping I won't be completely useless :)

It sounds like you've been 'diagnosed' with a lot of things and that you're hearing voices inside your head. From looking at a little, have you considered the possibility of Schizophrenia? (Read more http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Schizophrenia/Pages/Introduction.aspx)

It would probably explain the voices but I cant say for sure, I don't have a medical degree or anything near.

It's worth looking into to try and compare your symptoms. Hopefully by looking into things like this it'll help you to try and tell your psychologists what they need to know :)

This may sound a little extreme and off but it's still worth investigating; Multiple personality disorder?

The only reason I think of this is that it would also explain the voices, how different personalities could be accumulating. Each one could have its own disorder, like one of the ones you're currently dealing with. It seems pretty far-fetched but hey...
(Read more http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/dissociative-disorders/Pages/Introduction.aspx)

I hope this has helped even if it's just a little. :)