PDA

View Full Version : I'm really upset

EmilySmith
October 30th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Don't know this is real abuse but…
So today I had fight with a girl (we are in a same project and we have to communicate, but we hate each-other) and she told me some nasty things, like you mean nothing to me, and you are so idiot and some things… I feel really bad now. ( I told her same things too, but… I don't know how she feels) I'm really sad… because of all things she has told me… and I don't know what to do… any help? :/

zack.zack
October 30th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Well one thing you can do is tell your instructor that you are having problems with this girl and see if he can reassign you to another partner/group. IF that doesnt work, you can always be bigger than the problem and not let her words get to you. They are only words and she or they should have no power over you, therefore they should not affect you in any way. Its easier than it sounds, but if you are confident in who you are and have the discipline, you can do it no problem.

Cadanance00
October 31st, 2015, 06:42 PM
It feels bad being told things like that, even if you know it's all a lot of shit. i find it useful to talk it over with a friend, or if that's not an option to write it all down to help deal with it.

Uniquemind
November 1st, 2015, 04:51 PM
Do what I do.

Tell the teacher, and tell her you're willing to take the F on the assignment.

If any adults give you flack just say "nope I'm not having this discussion, I will not work in an environment where I am not respected; it's just a grade I can attain the knowledge this assignment was supposed to teach me elsewhere".

Endure all threats from anybody else and take pride in your power that you refuse to be leveraged.

eric2001
November 1st, 2015, 05:37 PM
If you're still stuck with her, tell her that you want to get the project done as fast as humanly possible so you and her never have to talk to each other again.

maria_556
July 28th, 2016, 04:31 AM
It's always better to be away from the things you are not comfortable with.

Desynchronized
July 28th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Uniquemind and zack has made some great points. Some are a bit more sensitive emotionaly and they are affected more than others about having a arguement and such. Try to forget that fight and do something that will cheer you up. Maybe games or sports or musics....?

Living For Love
July 30th, 2016, 03:22 AM
Please don't bump old threads. :locked: