PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to shaving or waxing pubes

Jilly
October 21st, 2015, 08:55 PM
Hi.

So this might be a dumb questuion, but I've seen some products on the internet or even on tv ads that I was wondering about for hair removal.

Basically, I prefer to keep it totally bare down there and I usually do it by shaving, but shaving is not perfect. I sometimes get a little redness or bumps from it and the hair comes back stubbly. Also, I have darkish hair, so when it is shaved, you still see it a little, kind of lick a 5oclock shaddow.

I'd love to be totally smooth with no bumps or stubs or anything. Waxing seems like it would work for this, but two of my friends tried waxing and said it hurt like a *&[email protected]@#$.

So I know you can get the hair removed for good with lasers, but that costs thousands of dollars and you need to go to a doctor or something, so I won't be doing that now.

I saw some things online and on a tv commercial that say they remove hair at home using a device that uses a special pulsating light. They are not too expensive either. I could afford one (but I'd have to figure out how to intercept the package before mom or dad asked uncomfortable questions... meh... I'd say it's for my armpits I guess)

Does anyone know if these things work or are they just scams?

sweettayla
October 22nd, 2015, 08:52 AM
They're not scams, but l think they're all going to cost a fair bit more than razors and l don't know if they'll leave you any smoother even though the results may last longer. Always make sure you have a really sharp razor too, that seems to help with any redness etc.

Jilly
November 8th, 2015, 01:49 PM
They're not scams, but l think they're all going to cost a fair bit more than razors and l don't know if they'll leave you any smoother even though the results may last longer. Always make sure you have a really sharp razor too, that seems to help with any redness etc.

Have you tried any of them?

sweettayla
November 8th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Have you tried any of them?
Nah, l've only ever used razors.

SkyClad33605
November 9th, 2015, 02:31 PM
I tried this cream stuff that I got in the drug store that was supposed to remove the hair. I forget the name but it was a waste. First it stung, like a lot. Second it didn't remove all the hair. It removed most of the hair, and what it removed was really smooth, but it left little strays behind. I stick to the razor and occasional wax.

Jilly
November 11th, 2015, 10:54 AM
I tried that stuff nair on my armpits once. It didn't work very well. Also, it really smells terrible and has a very strong smell.

LITTLEANGEL17
November 11th, 2015, 02:03 PM
I tried that stuff nair on my armpits once. It didn't work very well. Also, it really smells terrible and has a very strong smell.

I tried this cream stuff that I got in the drug store that was supposed to remove the hair. I forget the name but it was a waste. First it stung, like a lot. Second it didn't remove all the hair. It removed most of the hair, and what it removed was really smooth, but it left little strays behind. I stick to the razor and occasional wax.

Hair removal creams like Nair or Veet etc is bad to use on pubic hair as if any gets near the slit it will sting like hell :eek:
As you have found out, mum told me not to use hair removal creams there as it is to sensitive an area. I will stick to shaving until I can afford Electrolysis hair removal.

angelina
November 29th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Hair removal creams like Nair or Veet etc is bad to use on pubic hair as if any gets near the slit it will sting like hell :eek:
As you have found out, mum told me not to use hair removal creams there as it is to sensitive an area.

So far I have not gone for wax or cream as I find only fine pubic hair there..In future too I will not use those creams as they hurt a lot to my mum

LanaPole
November 30th, 2015, 07:24 AM
it probably works but it's hard to know how good does it work. i would suggest you to be careful about it. if it's really so awesome then it should be more popular.