PDA

View Full Version : Armchair or active?

Legoboy
October 19th, 2015, 12:20 PM
So lots of people are 'into sport' but there seem to be lots who just follow sports and maybe don't actually do ANY sport at all themselves, and perhaps never have.

1. Do you follow any sports you don't do? Why?

2. Do you follow the sports which you actually do participate in? Why?

So for me I honestly don't watch sports other than gymnastics which I do kind of watch if its on but I don't obsess over watching every event all the way through. I like watching sometimes because it gives me ideas for things to try and watching technique helps you think about your own, but watching it is kind of boring compared to doing it in my opinion.

Vermilion
October 19th, 2015, 12:28 PM
I don't watch any sport and I don't do a sport but try to keep healthy

Hudor
October 19th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I watch tennis from time to time. Apart from that I don't watch or play sports a lot but I try to exercise regularly to keep fit.

Mars
October 19th, 2015, 01:50 PM
I don't really follow basketball but I play on my schools team. And I both watch and play hockey. I want to get into boxing, which I also watch. I don't really find sports (besides physical contact sports) too exciting to watch.

azure moonstone
October 19th, 2015, 02:58 PM
I both play and watch soccer. I do follow football (American), both college and somewhat pro - but I have never played that. I'd probably get hurt even worse than I have playing soccer. I also occasionally watch baseball. I've wanted to watch ice hockey, but I just can't seem to get into that much.

Babs
October 19th, 2015, 05:03 PM
Don't like to play sports, don't like to watch them. The only time I will watch is during the Olympics, but otherwise sports are the most boring thing for me.

BlackParadePixie
October 19th, 2015, 05:53 PM
I've played soccer and softball...and still sometimes watch a good soccer match or softball game if it's on TV.

I enjoy watching and going to football and baseball games.

SethfromMI
October 19th, 2015, 09:17 PM
I watch and play football and baseball

plus I workout so yes I am active

Abyssal Echo
October 19th, 2015, 09:23 PM
I don't watch, play or follow any sports. I get plenty of exercise working and taking care of my dogs.

Jaffe
October 19th, 2015, 09:24 PM
I swim and play some soccer
I follow soccer a bit, not a lot, except the FIFA world cup, I watch all I can of that
I watch a hockey game sometimes
Even occasionally a basketball game, although I really don't know who is playing, it is just to watch it

Just JT
October 19th, 2015, 09:34 PM
I'm not a real fan of organized...anything really. I really like outdoors stuff, hiking, camping, biking, swim, canoe,ski, snowboard, snowshoe, hunt and fish kinda guy
Idk, that make me weird and stuff?

Jaffe
October 19th, 2015, 10:28 PM
I'm not a real fan of organized...anything really. I really like outdoors stuff, hiking, camping, biking, swim, canoe,ski, snowboard, snowshoe, hunt and fish kinda guy
Idk, that make me weird and stuff?

Yes, that makes you weird.
Just kidding of course. You were probably already weird before that.

Actually I think outdoor stuff would be awesome to do (except skiing and snowboarding and snowshoeing). I have just never been exposed to it that much. Camping, yes, but you and I define camping quite differently, I am sure.

Interesting that not many people mention this. Or perhaps they just don't think of it when someone says the word "sports".

Just JT
October 20th, 2015, 12:06 AM
Yes, that makes you weird.
Just kidding of course. You were probably already weird before that.

Actually I think outdoor stuff would be awesome to do (except skiing and snowboarding and snowshoeing). I have just never been exposed to it that much. Camping, yes, but you and I define camping quite differently, I am sure.

Interesting that not many people mention this. Or perhaps they just don't think of it when someone says the word "sports".

I'm not weird, weire all weird right?

Let Me Be a Pony
October 20th, 2015, 09:54 AM
I'm one of those miserable people that watch sports all day but don't do shit to maintain their figure.

Desuetude
October 20th, 2015, 10:52 AM
I swim in my cities tri club so hope for that to progress to getting into running and cycling some more too.

I don't really watch any sports obsessively. If the rugby is on and nothing else is then I'll watch that though. I hate watching football (actual football xD) but other than them and the tennis, when it's on, not much is broadcasted on the popular channels.

KeeganW
October 20th, 2015, 07:14 PM
play and watch baseball, but watch basketball, football, and soccer too

CuteGuy889
October 22nd, 2015, 05:02 PM
Was never sporty or fitness minded & I pay for it now...Whn I was a kid and in early teens I could eat any junk food and remain stick skinny....

After 15 or so now my skinny bod is getting filled out....I've gone from 48 to 66 kilos in 2y with waist going from 26 to 34'' now...Yeah thats prtty bad but I still look skinny as long as my tee is on..

Now I'm not fit to work out and got to do my studies...So I plan to finish my college too (where I may seriouly pork out and end overweight) and then to concentrate on my body..