PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to be a naturalist

Cadanance00
October 19th, 2015, 09:59 AM
My biology teacher knew the names of all the plants in the forest on our field trip and things about them. It was fascinating. There's so much out there and most people know nothing about it (like me). All of life seems to be interconnected in some way.

I'd like to be a naturalist and know all that. There are jobs in the government for naturalists like taking care of national parks, etc.

camo115
October 20th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Cool, its great to have an idea of what carrer you are into at a early age but do you have any actual questions about it haha. I have some experience in this field. :)

Cadanance00
October 24th, 2015, 03:09 PM
It's raining here after a 5 month drought. All the wildlife that's been stressed from lack of water and getting relief. It makes me more than ever want to get out and learn about the plants and animals and how each fits into the environment.

Just JT
October 24th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Yeah, I've heard about the drought there, im innNew England, and even though we get a lot of snow and rain, this year in particular, water levels are really low, I can see it in the rivers when I go hiking in the mountians

Why are you Sao interested in this as a profession?

Cadanance00
October 24th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Because I want to know things. I don't like walking through a forest and, like, there's a plant but I don't know what the fuck it is, and hey, there's another one.

Jinglebottom
October 25th, 2015, 05:52 AM
I wonder how many different species of plants have been discovered so far.

fireyboy54
October 25th, 2015, 06:00 AM
Go ahead

It's worth trying new things

Is anyone else new

It doesn't seem like people still use this

Merged Quadruple post. Please use the edit button next time

angelina
November 27th, 2015, 01:40 AM
I'd like to be a naturalist and know all that. There are jobs in the government for naturalists like taking care of national parks, etc.
it is true...but we love nature not for job shake

KeeganW
November 29th, 2015, 11:06 AM
that is pretty cool, plus doing something outside would be better for a career than doing something where your trapped indoors all the time

LanaPole
November 30th, 2015, 07:36 AM
that sounds good. outdoor activities are nice.

ecartman
December 2nd, 2015, 01:55 PM
He man, if you take survivo corsues like me you'll know plenty of plants.

prepkid813
December 3rd, 2015, 12:12 AM
I've never heard of being a naturalist. It definitely sounds interesting to spend time studying nature and such!