PDA

View Full Version : Model Parliament

Vlerchan
October 17th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Hey VT!

I realise this has been asked before. I'm also quite sure it has been tried before. But I've decided to fish a bit to if there's interest in restarting it.

To start I'm looking to institutionalise the proceedings in a manner that eliminates the role of elections and so on. From what I've gathered contests to determine which members are most popular don't tend to end well. So it will take a form similar to a Model UN Congress. We'll all be independents and need to form broad coalitions with other people to get legislation passed.

The plot will surround the formation of a state that as of this date separated from the U.K. That means I'll be pulling the corpus juris from the U.K. I'll leave the particulars to when this gets created. But I'm considering a Wales-sized state with a declining manufacturing sector and burgeoning service and finance sectors.

Sound OK?

---

On an aside if that proves controversial I'm up for doing actual Model UN.

Edit: This would be hosted in a diary.

sweettayla
October 17th, 2015, 10:31 AM
Your model sounds like Australia. Manufacturing is declining and mining and services industries are becoming dominant, though there are great opportunities in agriculture and food production too. l'm way to young to vote, but all l see is short term gain and decisions made with nothing more in mind than getting re elected.

thegreatgatz
October 17th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Sounds intriguing

candorgen
October 17th, 2015, 02:05 PM
I like the idea

Vlerchan
October 17th, 2015, 03:04 PM
I added a poll just to get a better idea.

dxcxdzv
October 17th, 2015, 03:14 PM
waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitWAIT.

Why is this in "Virtualteen HQ -> Suggestions"?
George.R.R.Martin and Adam Smith didn't prepare me to that. What is the main topic of this thread? My frenchie logic can't determine it.

Vlerchan
October 17th, 2015, 03:16 PM
Why is this in "Virtualteen HQ -> Suggestions"?
It's a suggestion?

dxcxdzv
October 17th, 2015, 03:20 PM
It's a suggestion?
Hm. Yes I know that, it seems pretty obvious.

But I don't get in what this is a suggestion for the forum and more generally what is the main topic.
Organization of a parliament etc ok. But what does it have to do with VT..?

Vlerchan
October 17th, 2015, 03:24 PM
But I don't get in what this is a suggestion for the forum and more generally what is the main topic.
Organization of a parliament etc ok. But what does it have to do with VT..?
I'm suggesting that VT should organise a model parliament roleplay on VT forums.

Because I don't expect the moderators to facilitate this through opening a new forum - yet - I'm also suggesting it's organised in someone's diary.

dxcxdzv
October 17th, 2015, 03:29 PM
I'm suggesting that VT should organise a model parliament roleplay on VT forums.

model parliament roleplay

It gets more sense now...

Vlerchan
October 17th, 2015, 03:52 PM
[...] model parliament roleplay

It gets more sense now [...]
Yeah. Perhaps there's a different word used in France but 'model' refers to it being a roleplay.

Living For Love
October 17th, 2015, 04:00 PM
It does make more sense now, because when I first read it, I had absolutely no idea what you were talking about.

Anyway, you're free to create it in someone's diary, I suppose, just like that time you created that funny zombie thing in Donald's diary. As for opening a new forum exclusively dedicated to roleplaying threads, I don't think it will happen, at least for now, because it would only appeal to a small group of users in our community.

dxcxdzv
October 17th, 2015, 04:01 PM
Vlerchan : Haha good to know then. I'm in. 'Just need to define clearly my political views and stuff, a couple of seconds affair.

makyoch
October 18th, 2015, 12:49 AM
Sounds an interesting idea. I like it.

xXl0sth0peXx
October 18th, 2015, 08:39 PM
If it's a game/RPG/something related to it, you don't need our permission to start it in a diary or related thing. As long as it's appropriate and whatnot, you do you.

If you're suggesting it to be staff run, the answer would probably be no. You can feel free do start it up yourself, and staff members can join in as they please, but I don't think the VT staff will be hosting games.

Salad_Baby
November 2nd, 2015, 05:48 PM
This sounds great. Do invite me if this ever happens.