PDA

View Full Version : lose weight or not

Goldenshark123
October 16th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Hi
I'm in year 9 (boy) and am unsure whether or not to lose weight. When I'm sat down my belly hangs about an inch over the front of my trousers and a little over the sides. When i stand up though, I don't look too far off from a decent stomach. I'm not sure whether to concentrate on fat loss or strength/muscle training.

BlackParadePixie
October 16th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Just stick with the strength/weight training, with some cardio mixed in. That will help get rid of any excess fat you think you might have.

Legoboy
October 17th, 2015, 08:42 AM
Well you know you could put on a growth spurt and stretch out any time so a little bit of padding probably is kind of good. But if its bothering you enough to post about it then just eat healthy and exercise more that way you should trim up a bit, or better yet see what the doc says next time you visit.

camo115
October 17th, 2015, 11:21 PM
Check your BMI (just google it) but what you describe is pretty normal for a year 9, a growth spurt is likely but this is also the best time to get fit (i recommend cardio) because in puberty and especialy growth spurts the extra hormones make losing weight and building muscle really easy and fast compared to adults, its also easier to keep a six pack then to get one when your older so if i were you i would but again perfectly normal if you dont.

sprint
October 18th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Hi
I'm in year 9 (boy) and am unsure whether or not to lose weight. When I'm sat down my belly hangs about an inch over the front of my trousers and a little over the sides. When i stand up though, I don't look too far off from a decent stomach. I'm not sure whether to concentrate on fat loss or strength/muscle training.

First of all, if you REALLY care about your body you want to be so confident about your body you'd be fine sitting shirtless in class. That means you have to work your ass off. Google is your friend if you want to look good do cardio and shed the fat FIRST. Then proceed to lift/do strength train.

CuteGuy889
October 19th, 2015, 02:33 AM
This show what changing diets are doing to teens..My dad has been skinny until clsoe to 20 or so when he started to put on after attending uni...He really got fat only after marriage and kids.
I was skinny until 15 and only now getting a small starter belly on me (with my horrible diet of junk food and no exercises)
But now at 9 kids are starting to get chubby....
BMI is mainly for adults.....And ealier u start to gain the the fatter u get when UR an adult.....I'll probably become chubbier than my dad.

I'd change over to a healthy diet now itself and keep a tab on weight.

DarrylSpiers
October 31st, 2015, 03:47 PM
Yes ofcourse it is more important that you should solve your problem with lose your weight. You can do exercise , drink lemon water, drink green tea etc for live healthy life.
urgent care center brooklyn (http://www.firstresponseurgentcare.com)