PDA

View Full Version : Cartoons Nowadays?

Sailor Mars
October 15th, 2015, 06:15 PM
What do you guys think of cartoons that are brought back/remade? IE: Teen Titans Go, Be Cool Scooby Doo, etc. Personally I think they completely ruin the legacy of the orginal or older series. Even Spongebob, which was never ended, turned to shit after 2007(9?). The jokes used to be witty and funny, and now its fucking stupid. But thats just imho. What do you guys think?

Gwen
October 15th, 2015, 06:49 PM
I actually enjoy Teen Titans Go, it isn't the original but then again it shouldn't be anyway. I find the writing of the show to be great and it actually manages to sneak in some references to social issues and poke at older shows without feeling forced or overbearing. Sure, some of the jokes are immature but the show was made specifically for an immature audience in mind foremost.

As for Be Cool Scooby Doo, the art and voice acting makes me feel like a turd was put all over everything. I can't speak much for the writing since I'm just so put off by Velma's chipmunk voice and whatever happened to Fred's nose that I can't put myself through the first episode. Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated was actually really good and explained the whole reason why they are on a big roadtrip like the original series and movies in the first place, fun origin series that ends making sure to keep everything tied up in a neat package. I would suggest it if you haven't seen it already (2010-2013, 52 episodes).

KidWithTheHeadband
October 15th, 2015, 10:05 PM
The most I've seen lately on CN and such are shows that just seem to have an archaic sense of humor to me. Sure, I don't mind dirty and immature humor, but some of the stuff is just plain bizzare which is my main turn off from CN.

And too many shows that attempt to be really deep but just end up dropping the ball with the strange humor these days.

Melodic
October 15th, 2015, 10:17 PM
To be honest, I think most TV shows that are designed for kids these days suck. Good thing there is such thing as re-runs, Youtube and Netflix to let me reminiscence.

everlong
October 16th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Spongebob went downhill when Paul Tibbitt became the showrunner. There are a few decent cartoons right now, but the older ones were definitely better.

Babs
October 16th, 2015, 04:57 PM
I don't like what's on Nickelodeon and CN these days. But that's just me. It's different than what I grew up with. But what's popular and generally considered funny changes with time, so that's to be expected.
But for real, they fucked up with Teen Titans Go.

Pat the Bunny
October 17th, 2015, 09:03 AM
I pretty much dislike any modern western cartoon that isn't Adventure Time, Steven Universe or Phineas and Ferb but I don't really believe in destroying legacy's, the existence of a reboot doesn't make the original stop existing. Also Nickreboot, CNReboot and ToonamiAftermath are life. http://nreboot.com/r/m http://nreboot.com/r/cnr http://toonamiaftermath.com/

Kirina
October 17th, 2015, 11:54 AM
I pretty much dislike any modern western cartoon that isn't Adventure Time, Steven Universe or Phineas and Ferb but I don't really believe in destroying legacy's, the existence of a reboot doesn't make the original stop existing.Just gotta highlight that. BTW My Little Pony has to be included as a great modern cartoon, because it's "lessons" are so great that even if the show fails in other aspects, it still shines.

To be honest, I think most TV shows that are designed for kids these days suck. Good thing there is such thing as re-runs, Youtube and Netflix to let me reminiscence.Unless your a kid in Japan. Western cartoons really needs to start exploring different stories. Like there are so many cartoons that just feels like reskins. Also it seems very few cartoons have continuity, every episode is like random. Like why not try making something in the slice of life genre. Would love to see something like Clannad but in the western cartoon artstyle.

dxcxdzv
October 17th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Never heard of those cartoons.
The ones I saw/see are american sitcoms like The Simpsons, American Dad, South Park etc and Japanese animes. No one has turned into shit actually.
And of course I'm not watching the remakes and spin-off of animes like Sailor Moon or Saint Seiya.

Uniquemind
October 18th, 2015, 02:05 AM
I'm really enjoying Pokemon XY on CN.

Pokemon BW sucked though.

They fixed the probs in X and Y, artwork is much better as are plots sub-plots, and filler-plots.

PinkFloyd
October 18th, 2015, 02:35 AM
I haven't actually watched cable TV in years except for a few obscure occations. One of which, I watched this show that was kind of like TMNT but at the same time... not like it at all. I learned that it's a representation of all new kids' cartoons. Shows like Dexter's Lab, Hey Arnold, Jonny Bravo, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, etc. all had character. These new ones are just soulless and bad.

Pat the Bunny
October 18th, 2015, 03:33 AM
Like why not try making something in the slice of life genre. Would love to see something like Clannad but in the western cartoon artstyle.

Just another reminder that I really need to start watching Clannad. It's nearly impossible to find an animu to watch without someone recommending Clannad or After Story.

Kirina
October 18th, 2015, 04:19 AM
Just another reminder that I really need to start watching Clannad. It's nearly impossible to find an animu to watch without someone recommending Clannad or After Story.

Watch both seasons tho. I've seen many people just skip season 1, but it's like egg and bacon. Got to have both together for the best experience. Also if you enjoy Clannad. Watch Air and Kanon 2006, because they have some easter eggs that reference each other.

Uniquemind
November 9th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Cartoons are lacking long term story arc's and rich character development.

The stuff I watched when I was 6 years old was better than now.

Some reasoning I've heard is that TV networks find it cheaper to producer lower quality cartoons since many of us are not ritual watchers because we're all on the internet, so they have less ad revenue.

Rick and morty is an exception though.

Shiny Moon
November 10th, 2015, 08:59 AM
The last decent cartoon I saw on TV was probably Avatar. Nowadays I avoid the TV, it's full of crap. I can watch anything I want on the Internet.

Slashman1
November 11th, 2015, 12:57 AM
I miss the old Teen Titans so bad but i must say that the Teen Titans Go is pretty funny but stupid also and the newest scooby doo just looks horrible made love the ones before it though

AutumnWinds
November 11th, 2015, 02:21 PM
What do you guys think of cartoons that are brought back/remade? IE: Teen Titans Go, Be Cool Scooby Doo, etc. Personally I think they completely ruin the legacy of the orginal or older series. Even Spongebob, which was never ended, turned to shit after 2007(9?). The jokes used to be witty and funny, and now its fucking stupid. But thats just imho. What do you guys think?

i don't like the majority of them, but i do find myself very into the new tmnt on nick :)

Beach_Blonde
January 3rd, 2016, 07:06 PM
I can say most cartoon suck nowadays. Watching cartoons with my sister was way better. I miss shows like Kim Possible. Some cartoons are ok. The New Avatar seris. Adventure Time, My Little Pony, Phones and Ferb and Teen Titans Go are th only good ones left. I can't watch cartoons on v anymore. I only watch the on Netflix and Hulu.

Emerald Dream
January 3rd, 2016, 07:37 PM
I've always liked most everything to do with Scooby Doo - except the version with Scrappy Doo...since he's a pointless and annoying little shit.

I've really like Phineas and Ferb, Powerpuff Girls and Kim Possible though.

gemma 2000
January 25th, 2016, 10:56 AM
Love family guy

Hero.of.Hyrule
January 31st, 2016, 01:33 PM
The Teen Titans Go show and the whatever the New Scooby Doo show is are sooooo bad. For Teen Titans, they shouldve just picked up season six!!

Moriya
January 31st, 2016, 11:23 PM
Winx Club was my show back then. 6 seasons later and now it sucks.