PDA

View Full Version : Dancer advice

Melodic
October 13th, 2015, 02:51 PM
So I'm apart of a show choir, which requires a lot of dancing. However, after rehearsals my legs have started to hurt to the point I can't walk for a couple days. I haven't done much dancing since I was like 10 and it usually didn't put me in much pain. Is this normal to experience this kind of pain after a good dance lesson? I don't feel this pain just by walking 5 miles.

What's are some good ways to cure muscle pain after any workout?

Legoboy
October 14th, 2015, 05:20 PM
So I'm apart of a show choir, which requires a lot of dancing. However, after rehearsals my legs have started to hurt to the point I can't walk for a couple days. I haven't done much dancing since I was like 10 and it usually didn't put me in much pain. Is this normal to experience this kind of pain after a good dance lesson? I don't feel this pain just by walking 5 miles.

What's are some good ways to cure muscle pain after any workout?

I do gymnastics not dance but yeah if you train a lot you can really mess yourself up. Really gentle stretching and rest and heal up is good. Like a common thing getting ready for an event / show is over training but your body needs a couple of days to heal up and benefit from the training so its kind of a classic mistake that people train too hard at those times and your body can just break down.

How far apart are practices? If its only 1ce a week do some practice in between so you can build stength and flexibility, but if you are working the same muscles say 4 or more times a week its probably not going to work out too well for you and you just may need to cut back on those areas.

camo115
October 17th, 2015, 11:18 PM
Im a cardio/running junkie and after a long run if im sore the next day ive found another run to loosen up the muscles, just a short like ten minute one to get yourself moving does wonders than lying in bed feeling sorry for your self. :) and trust me i speak from experience. Its also a very normal pain for you to have, especially if your jumping around alot it puts extra stress on not only your muscles but your joints. Alternatively just rubbing some cream or lotiong and masaging your muscles will be great as an alternative or acompanying the small run. anycream will work just to lubricate your hands while you massage.

YouTube
October 25th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Make sure you are stretching not only after, but before you perform/practice. Have you considered foam rolling? It massages your muscles (calves,quads, glutes, shins, inner hips) deep to the tissue. Look up some techniques so you know what you can and can't roll because rolling incorrectly can hurt you more than help you.

DarrylSpiers
October 31st, 2015, 03:38 PM
In my opinion you can do exercise in morning on daily basis because when you do that then your body muscles feel better and stretched. So with this technique you will quickly make yourself best dancer in the world.
prohealth urgent care brooklyn (http://www.firstresponseurgentcare.com)

Haciryne
November 13th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Yes, that is totally normal because your legs and body were not used to those actions.

Derek951
December 5th, 2015, 12:03 PM
I don't dance, but I know from sports you injure yourself doing the darnest things, and actually take longer to recover if you don't take care of it. Stretching goes a long way, but if it still hurts or is becoming a problem, I'd even check with a school nurse or a trusted Gym teacher.