PDA

View Full Version : Do your parents know about your illicit use?

Babs
October 12th, 2015, 06:26 PM
Just wondering, how many people's parents know about their illicit use? Mainly for those who still live with their parents/are underage.

My parents have never confronted me about, but I'm positive they've figured it out by now. They know my siblings smoke, so they probably don't think I hang around at their house all day for the ambiance.
I don't know why they haven't said anything about it. Probably because they haven't actually caught me.

Wilde
October 12th, 2015, 06:45 PM
My parents know. Too many times they've came in my room while I was rolling rollies (and joints on one or two occasions) or they seen filters and skins lying about. Also too many times coming home completely wrecked and being sick in the bathroom. They also had videos of me totally stoned and failing to answer their questions "are you high" "nah fam itz life innit".

I've stopped smoking but I still get drunk sometimes - temporarily ceases my 'depression' for a short while (coming down is a real bummer).

conniption
October 13th, 2015, 06:08 PM
My mom knows I smoke because my sister totally ratted me out one day when I came home stoned, but she told me she had suspected I was on something for a while. She lectured me about weed being a gateway drug and how she'll step in if she sees that it's negatively affecting my grades or my health. She's just been super cool about it. My dad, on the other hand, is really strict so there's no way in hell I'll ever even consider telling him.

johndoe1112
October 14th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Yeah but I am nice and respectful when fucked up and they really don't care and they seen me totally trashed

ChaosEarthquake
October 20th, 2015, 04:23 PM
My parents do not know that I used to smoke, and they currently do not know that I have a small alcohol addiction. They let me taste their drinks whenever they get one, but they never suspect anything of it, except natural curiosity.
I'm fucked up anyways so what would be the problem if they knew? They do not care anyways.

Jilly
October 21st, 2015, 08:44 PM
I do not use any drugs, but I think my parents might actually be okay about it, if it was pot, at least.

My parents are very veyr conservative about sex and stuff and I would have assumed they would think the same about put, but I was surprised when my parents started discussing it a few months ago.

My mom brought up how Colorado made pot legal, and I figured she'd say it was horrible, but my dad just said, "Yeah, hopefully other places will too. Those laws do more harm than good and it's about time we stop trying to arrest people for smoking a joint."

My mom agreed and said she thinks that the laws don't work and then said "It's not even as bad as alcohol"

Like I said, I was really surprised. I thought they were the type who would never be okay with any drugs, but maybe the world is changing!

Mars
October 21st, 2015, 09:02 PM
Nah, they don't, and I don't intend for them finding out either

I haven't drank in a while due to my parents not keeping alcohol in the house anymore (Pretty sure its because my brother invites his friends over a lot) but no one besides my (close) friends know that I drink.

Same with smoking. My mom and her bf both smoke so there's always cigarettes around, and they don't pay attention when a lighter is lost (stolen) or a cigarette goes missing (again, stolen)

Noody
October 22nd, 2015, 11:57 AM
When it comes to substance usage, I try to be completely open with my parents about how much I drink, if I ever smoke and if I ever try a drug I would try to tell them.

This only works because they don't mind about me getting drunk every now and again, they understand that I do work hard and I deserve some sort of social release every now and again - So long as I don't really overdrink and put my life in danger, which, although I drink a lot, I rarely ever drink enough to really endanger my life.

They know that I'm really against drugs due to the recent death of my best friends' brother due to a fucked up MDMA pill, along with other people related to me encounters with drugs. They know that I'd be so disappointing in myself if I ever took (illegal) narcotic drugs, but I know for a fact they'd be dissapointed and I would probably lose an element of their trust and respect, but I also know they'd help me through it.

As for smoking, I don't really like smoking, but when I'm drunk I'll take a cigeratte because I think it looks cool - I've come to realise that it's not actually that cool to smoke, so hopefully I'll stop - I've only ever had 3 cigarettes so it shouldn't be that hard.

I really do honestly think that being open with your parents about your substance usage is the way to go - But it only works to an extent. They need to accept that you will live and learn, and you need to accept they may not always accept what you have done, and therefore you may lose trust and/or respect from them.

Stay safe whatever you do <3

marrisa
October 28th, 2015, 06:53 PM
I don't drink or smoke weed.But I do smoke cigarettes and my parents know and don't like it.But there isn't much they can do about it.