PDA

View Full Version : how to treat burns?

bloodycarnation
October 12th, 2015, 03:46 PM
I got burns on my arms and I need a way to make them heal faster. Anyone got any ideas?

jessie3
October 12th, 2015, 05:12 PM
I got 2nd degree burns this summer due to my stupidity.

Try ointment cream. Preferably try an ointment called Bacitracin or 2nd Degree. Those really work for me and if you can also buy antibacterial cream as well.

Hope everything goes well :)

Mars
October 12th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Cover them and use aloe, as well as taking pain relievers to keep swelling and whatnot down

Brieftime
October 12th, 2015, 07:54 PM
I think it depends on what kind of burn it is and how bad.

camo115
October 14th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Ibuprofen will stop swelling, use a thick layer of burn gel this will help bring out the heat but make sure you can tell the difference between the burn ending and an infection starting as its easy to make a mistake and let it get infected

niceguy44
October 14th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Put a little honey it and cover it.honey is a natural antibiotic and is good for burns and cuts

Jilly
October 21st, 2015, 08:41 PM
How bad are they? If they're major, like blistering or anything, you should probably see a doc about it

SethfromMI
October 21st, 2015, 08:44 PM
How bad are they? If they're major, like blistering or anything, you should probably see a doc about it

this. I am not an expert in burns but many it is better to get checked out, if anything else to get a proper creme, pain meds

ObliviousCat
October 24th, 2015, 02:49 AM
What degree is the burn? This is important. You can determine if the burn is first-degree or second-degree by looking at a comparison between the two. Third- and fourth-degree are ruled out because you would be in the hospital as these burns always require medical care. The first two can be tended to at home, but in order for me to help, I need to know if the burns are first- or second-degree.

Just JT
October 24th, 2015, 03:26 AM
I'd give this some consideration;
If it is a bad enough burn that your "MIGHT" need medical attention, don't put anything on it. Because if you decide to seek medical attention, what ever you put on that burn, the nurses and people will remove all of that stuff first, and that will be painful