PDA

View Full Version : Possible anxiety disorder?

Anthem
October 11th, 2015, 12:59 AM
I have read the page on this site: http://www.virtualteen.org/teen-topics/disorders/anxiety

I noticed something that said Social Anxiety Disorder. I think I might have that even though I don't think I have been diagnosed with it, my mother has extreme anxiety, it only has been effecting her severely in recent years.

Anyways, I constantly have thoughts about future conversations. Now, that sounds normal, right?

A little background: I have been bullied throughout my years in high school. The bulling ranged from my looks all the way to physical harassment. I thought of reasons why but it might be because I don't sound or look my age. I am 17(m).

Anyways this ties into what I am about to say: I think of conversations in my head that possibly humiliate me and in my head, I say something to the person that would make me win the argument.

Also, when I talk to my therapist or psychologist, I always lie and say that I am fine, for the fear that I might be mocked or something. People have told me to be honest but my mind takes control and says that I should lie.

My mind is in control of a lot of things, ranging from riding super fun rides at theme parks to what I eat, my anxiety is everywhere, and it's ruining my life.

I am not living my life anywhere near this full potential, according to my teacher. I want to be normal, I want to be the guy that can say things freely without the feeling of being put down or made fun of because of it.

I do have some sort of anxiety that might tie into paranoia from Bipolar Disorder, which I feel is a major gap between my enjoyment and myself.

I have tried to say good things to myself, trying to convince myself that I won't be embarrassed.

I also have a fear of something happening to me like death. Death is a big subject for me and I should have nothing to worry about.

I'd definitely say paranoia and anxiety play a big role in my decisions. What do you guys think? Ask me any question you need from me and I'll try my best to answer.

staple123
October 15th, 2015, 05:28 AM
What social situations would you get anxious from? eg Answering a question in calss.

PhandomMember
October 25th, 2015, 06:44 PM
Do you get anxious in public, like in school? Are you totally fine around family and friends or in your home?